Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2

Posted By: Lake Vilbig

Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 10/31/16 10:52 PM

Anyone known where I can order these? Bass Pro quit selling them.

I think they may have gone out of business.
Posted By: TOMCAT21

Re: Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 10/31/16 11:49 PM

Bunch of them on eBay.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 10/31/16 11:57 PM

Why? Gama, owner and mustad all making way sharper hooks.... There is a reason they arnt making them any more

Re: Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 11/01/16 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
Why? Gama, owner and mustad all making way sharper hooks.... There is a reason they arnt making them any more

Before you insult someone’s intelligence on a public post, it might be wise to think about it for few minutes before you hit enter.

I see all the products you are peddling in your reply and I wonder if the owners of those products know how you are representation them. Every one of the products that you are pushing, I could easily ask the same question you just asked me and provide the name of a better product.

Here is a tip Jake, a better reply (one that your sponsors would like) could go something like....”I have not been able to locate them, but here is a comparable replacement. The size and weight are a very close to the one you are looking for”

And to answer your “Why” question, I find that the cam-action on these hooks to help me get more bass in the boat. I have tried other replacement hooks and I don’t have the confidence that the Tx3 gives me. They are perfectly balanced to my particular crankbait...bottom line, they help win me tournaments.

This forum would be a lot better place to exchange information if the members would not run their mouth so much. Your insult added absolutely nothing to the thread.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 11/01/16 01:50 PM

Those hooks were pretty good, I am not sure if they make them anymore...
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 11/01/16 01:51 PM

thumb
Like you, I have had better luck with the Tx3's than some of the others mentioned. (I have lost many fish on some of them!) I will even "mix" the Tx3 with Daiichi Bleeding hooks and rotate/bend the Daiichi's to match. I am lucky that I still have a few packs of the Tx3's for emergency purposes! I will check out Ebay also, since I had completely forgotten to look there for a new supply. THANKS for asking!!! banana
Posted By: Cast

Re: Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 11/01/16 02:39 PM

I don't know Jake from Adam, but I didn't see in his post what you saw. Might have been a bit hasty in your reply.
Posted By: IIIMag

Re: Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 11/01/16 03:06 PM

No dog in this hunt, bit Vilbig is right, not overreacting. Jake's response is snarky, arrogant and ill informed. It does not move the thread forward. I am always interested to learn which products people find useful, and why. Vilbig's response to Jake is measured and respectful, unlike Jake's post.

Re: Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 11/01/16 03:10 PM

man this turned from being about hooks to being about everyone thinking they are here to tell others how to behave, so cute smile

I liked these hooks and used to use them, I will have to try and find some. I did not realize anyone still had them for sale.

As for Jake, he's a millennial, nuff said

Re: Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 11/01/16 03:18 PM

Yall will get over it. Sorry I was to harsh and offended the Internet crowd

Re: Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 11/01/16 03:23 PM

and my response was not ill informed. I have used those hooks many time on the old Xcaliber rattle traps and they are a step above other stock hooks but still not near as sharp as any of the started replacement options that gama, owner and mustad offer. Didn't realize so many people would get there panties in a wad.... But then again this is the TFF
Posted By: BrudBass

Re: Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 11/01/16 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: TOMCAT21
Bunch of them on eBay.

Good call. There are some on eBay

eBay link: Excalibur TX3 Treble Hooks

I have used them on my poppers with good succes.

Re: Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 11/01/16 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
Yall will get over it. Sorry I was to harsh and offended the Internet crowd

Man, I gave you an easy way out and you made it worse. You're on your own now.

Re: Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 11/01/16 03:43 PM

Are their dressed trebles still available?

Re: Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 11/01/16 06:03 PM

I asked Bomber lures by phone and email since it comes on some of their crankbaits. The phone conversation hit a dead-end. I have not heard back on my email request.

Thanks to all of you that pointed me to eBay! I’ll try and see what I can do about picking up some there. The link was helpful.

I wonder if Excalibur’s hook division was bought out and changed names. The package says made in France, packaged in El Salvador, and has a Ft. Smith AR. address.

One more thing that I like about these is when I hang up, I am usually able to straighten the hook and get my lure back. So far I have not straightened them out on a bass.

If I find out anything, I’ll post it.
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 11/01/16 06:30 PM

I did check ebay and they have them. Even the "Fuzzy Hairy" Dressed ones!
This whole thread is about personal preferences. Each of us has had particular experiences with fishing products. It doesn't mean that one is "technically" better but that they each might have special applications. Just like Trick worms, finesse worms, long worms, or short worms.
This thread was about "Where can I find some" not "Which is better". In this instance I like to use specific hooks for specific lures. I don't want my topwater hooks to bend, but I "Might" prefer that my crank hooks bend so I can retreive them.
Now where can I find some of those Whopper Ploppers! banana

Re: Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 11/01/16 07:06 PM

Yep eBay is loaded up with all sorts of them.
Posted By: BarryH

Re: Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 11/08/16 01:21 AM

Excalibur was purchased by Pradco, parent company of a LOT of other tackle companies (Yum, Booyah, Bandit, Bomber, Rebel, Heddon, Cotton Cordell, Smithwick, Arbogast, etc.). Some of the Excalibur products are being rolled out under a different brand (i.e., Excalibur One Knocker => Booyah One Knocker) as Pradco can make a business case for it.
Posted By: DKennimer

Re: Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 11/08/16 01:53 AM

Those are/were excellent hooks! Very sharp and just the right stiffness for trebles.

Re: Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 11/08/16 03:00 AM

Originally Posted By: BarryH
Excalibur was purchased by Pradco, parent company of a LOT of other tackle companies (Yum, Booyah, Bandit, Bomber, Rebel, Heddon, Cotton Cordell, Smithwick, Arbogast, etc.). Some of the Excalibur products are being rolled out under a different brand (i.e., Excalibur One Knocker => Booyah One Knocker) as Pradco can make a business case for it.

That's some useful info Barry! Thanks for posting.

I won a couple of bids on ebay (my first time to go through the bidding process). I should be getting them soon.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 11/08/16 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: IIIMag
No dog in this hunt, bit Vilbig is right, not overreacting. Jake's response is snarky, arrogant and ill informed. It does not move the thread forward. I am always interested to learn which products people find useful, and why. Vilbig's response to Jake is measured and respectful, unlike Jake's post.

I am with you IIIMag, no dog in the hunt but...

In the same length of time he typed, "Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2" he could have found them on ebay and saved the TFF drama. Google is your friend.

Re: Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 11/08/16 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Originally Posted By: IIIMag

I am with you IIIMag, no dog in the hunt but...

In the same length of time he typed, "Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2" he could have found them on ebay and saved the TFF drama. Google is your friend.

I actually did find them on eBay before I made my first post on TFF but there was NOT a “buy now” option, meaning I would have to deal with the bidding process and get up to speeding on all that. I was going to use eBay as an option of last resort. eBay is also short term solution....I was really looking for a long term solution to finding the product, say 3 years from now when I run out of hooks again.

By the time that I had posted this TFF, I had already spent hours searching on Google and researching and that is why I posted the question on the TFF. Thanks Ken!

Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Looking for these hooks - Excalibur Tx3 treble hooks size #4 and #2 - 11/08/16 07:59 PM

Those hooks were sticky sharp - if they got near carpet (boat or house) they hooked something! Wish I had a source for you but I think they are no longer made. I like the mustad kahle style trebles as an alternative.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum