Texas Fishing Forum

EAGLE MOUNTAIN 10/29/16

Posted By: varnoldi

EAGLE MOUNTAIN 10/29/16 - 10/31/16 06:43 PM

Pulled 7 in the boat from sunup - sun down. Best one was the last catch of the day.

Posted By: BigBassB

Re: EAGLE MOUNTAIN 10/29/16 - 10/31/16 09:27 PM

Sounds about like my tournament day yesterday. #dinkfest2016 Always a good time fishing though..
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: EAGLE MOUNTAIN 10/29/16 - 11/01/16 01:57 AM

Throw a green pumkin jig and target rocky banks close to deep water, square bill Crankbait in shad color.

Re: EAGLE MOUNTAIN 10/29/16 - 11/01/16 01:23 PM

Originally Posted By: B.Hollingshead
Throw a green pumkin jig and target rocky banks close to deep water, square bill Crankbait in shad color.

Thanks for the pointers. This is really my fist year getting into fishing . Not very good a working a jig yet . Rattles and cranks have been what I've been working mostly.
Posted By: toofy

Re: EAGLE MOUNTAIN 10/29/16 - 11/08/16 04:47 AM

I had a great day on Eagle Mountain today. It was very cloudy and some heavy rain for about 30 minutes. I got my biggest fish on a yellow buzzbait, three largemouth in the 3 pound range. Got a few more keepers on a dark blue baby brush hog and rage craw in shallow coves in cover less than 5 feet. Got some dinks that added up to about 12 fish total today. Other than the topwater fish, they were very shallow. I spent about 20 minutes in the reeds around the island and got nothing and went back to shallow coves.

Funny thing is I was throwing a buzzbait yesterday afternoon in a cove where there is a deer feeder 30 feet from the shore. The guy who lives there came down on a polaris and I could hear him talking to his young son "oh look he's topwater fishing, the fish come up and bite the lure on top of the water." Then this morning I went back to that cove and while I was on the exact spot the polaris drove down again. I'm sure he thought I camped out there and never left. The deer feeder goes off at 8:27 am and I have taken my kids and wife there early to sit in the boat quietly and watch the deer come out to the dinner bell. In another cove further north today there was a big deer with antlers making a noise like he was huffing or sneezing almost. He didn't leave his spot for about 20 minutes. I was worried he was hurt or stuck but I finally saw him run off. I'm not a deer hunter and don't know anything about deer so I guess he was just annoyed at me trolling by his spot. He was a big guy and had about 10 points that I could see from my boat. This was in the area of trails on the eastern shore where people jog in the morning.

Re: EAGLE MOUNTAIN 10/29/16 - 11/08/16 02:53 PM

I'll be the first to admit , I'm using the wrong bait/lures. I can find fish but not great at getting bites. I was using a rattle when i should have been using a top water in the morning watching the fish jump for shad . Pulled out a Tx rig in the afternoon and got more hits. The whole bass fishing thing is new to me , this is my first year going all in. I can take all the ponits/ advise willing to be thrown out.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum