Texas Fishing Forum

Night fishing Texoma

Posted By: Chris_Moore

Night fishing Texoma - 10/25/16 01:10 AM

Anyone ever nighttime fish on Texoma for smallies? A friend and I are looking to go this weekend and were trying to decide if its worth It. We usually just stick close to highport in the daytime, any tips would be appreciated.
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: Night fishing Texoma - 10/25/16 10:33 AM

if you have never done it, then hang around the Eisenhower marina area. use dark crank baits, small sinko's, and jigs in dark colors. Start out on points then work your way down the steep bluff banks. You should be able to find some fish. you can also fish the dam the same way too and anything in-between the dam and Eisenhower. good luck
Posted By: YAKaddict

Re: Night fishing Texoma - 10/25/16 12:28 PM

If you fish eisenhower points at night be careful ,when you get to a point out there its EXTREMELY shallow and you would never expect it. Almost took my trolling motor off!
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Night fishing Texoma - 10/25/16 12:58 PM

I have caught more smallie at sunrise and first hour of daylight then I have at night.

Fishing the same spots mentioned above
Posted By: Austin.P

Re: Night fishing Texoma - 10/25/16 04:14 PM

iv had alot of fun fishing for them on big rocks so banks with big rocks, or honestly you could go to the damn and throwing black/blue jig or black/blue big nich colorado blade, the turn arounds on the damn hold alot of fish and sometimes nice ones. as long as you dont go a night when people are bow fishing you should do good.
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: Night fishing Texoma - 10/25/16 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger
I have caught more smallie at sunrise and first hour of daylight then I have at night.

Fishing the same spots mentioned above
Same here. Being your first time at night it might be better to get there around 3 and fish in the dark for a couple hours before daylight and see how the bite is. That's what I do if I am night fishing a lake for the first time.
Posted By: Chris_Moore

Re: Night fishing Texoma - 10/26/16 02:41 AM

Thanks guys appreciate it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum