Texas Fishing Forum

Ideas needed please

Posted By: EZ_Legend

Ideas needed please - 10/25/16 12:29 AM

I'm hoping someone has already dealt with this and has some good suggestions. But all ideas are welcome please.

I have a 97 ranger 488 and it has the old round lowrance depth finders integrated in the dash and bow consoles.

I do not use these and want to remove them and replace with a clean look. Please share any ideas on how or what to replace/fill the hole with.

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Dr. Crank

Re: Ideas needed please - 10/25/16 12:50 AM

I used a Hoffman as300 ko filler and painted it black

Re: Ideas needed please - 10/25/16 12:58 AM

Thank you sir! Seems like a pretty simple fix.
Posted By: chickenfried76

Re: Ideas needed please - 10/25/16 01:01 AM

drink holder
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Ideas needed please - 10/25/16 01:08 AM

Cup Holder
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Ideas needed please - 10/25/16 01:15 AM

They make a bunch of round radios that should fit that spot but you would have to install some speakers. On my last boat I took the front one out and made a round plate to fit the hole. Then I put my hydro wave on the plate. It looked pretty good.

Re: Ideas needed please - 10/25/16 01:25 AM

I was thinking drink holder but it is at such a steep angle. I may do the flat cover and mount a RAM ball to put a cup holder or phone mount.

Re: Ideas needed please - 10/25/16 01:25 AM

I like the radio idea but I like the quite when I'm fishing.
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Ideas needed please - 10/25/16 01:37 AM

Cup holder is the only thing that comes to mind not sure the angle that is sitting at.
Posted By: dhelms

Re: Ideas needed please - 10/25/16 11:42 AM

Ram mount will cover that spot perfectly
Posted By: Cast

Re: Ideas needed please - 10/25/16 12:22 PM

TFF stickers.
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Ideas needed please - 10/25/16 04:51 PM

Can't beat running down the lake and listening to the Eagles (Peaceful Easy Feeling)
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Ideas needed please - 10/25/16 05:00 PM

Go with the radio, you may need it one day to listen to the weather, while you are at it, order you some new rocker switch covers from new wire marine they are cheap, look great and are so easy to replace.
https://newwiremarine.com/product-category/rocker-switches/
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Ideas needed please - 10/25/16 05:02 PM

just get a black piece of hard plastic and cut to fit and use the depth finder bracket to mount it. They use to make those back in the day when flashers were popular.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Ideas needed please - 10/25/16 06:40 PM

I cut a round piece of aluminum then covered it in graphite and added a bubble emblem (bass cat) on my console where I took the flasher out. Up front I made another flat piece of aluminum with a hole in the center and slid a cup holder in it. The original hole was too large for a standard size drink holder. It works great.

You could also do a cup holder on the dash but put your phone in it instead of a drink.

I attached both flat plates to the boat with clear silicone.
Posted By: TWINCITY

Re: Ideas needed please - 10/25/16 08:50 PM

TRASH BIN, CUP HOLDER, SPEAKER, FAVORITE LURE BIN, USED WORM/TRASH WORM BIN. WATER PRESSURE GUAGE,
Posted By: BASS101

Re: Ideas needed please - 10/25/16 08:53 PM

I would put my ruler holder in that spot and maybe my cull rings. I think this would fit that hole?

http://www.teamcandomarine.com/eshopprod_cat_7129-94345-102136_product_1303011.Round_Ruler_Mount.htm

Re: Ideas needed please - 10/25/16 11:06 PM

Ezbassin great input, thanks!

Insurance man, thank you!

David Welcher, thank you very much, I have been trying to track these down for months! I'll check the radios out too.

Fishingking, you make a damn good point!

Dhelms, great minds!

Cast, I'll take some stickers if you are offering!! ;-)

Re: Ideas needed please - 10/25/16 11:09 PM

BASS101, you are on to something right there!
Posted By: Bulletman99

Re: Ideas needed please - 10/27/16 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: jackson_ranger
I was thinking drink holder but it is at such a steep angle. I may do the flat cover and mount a RAM ball to put a cup holder or phone mount.

Drink holder will still work but can't be used for that purpose. It would be a good place to store other items (keys, phone, smokes etc...)
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum