Texas Fishing Forum

The Queen ramp at Ray Hubbard

Posted By: Douglas J

The Queen ramp at Ray Hubbard - 10/24/16 08:05 PM

Was by there this afternoon and they have put a 6 foot cyclone fence around the entire area and a gate up at the entrance to the ramp area.

We launched their for a tournament this past Saturday and none of it was fenced or gated then. It looks like they are planning on shutting it down.
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: The Queen ramp at Ray Hubbard - 10/24/16 09:28 PM

I was there a week ago. I hope that they stay open and fix the way in. That is rough!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: The Queen ramp at Ray Hubbard - 10/24/16 10:49 PM

Looked like they opened it up this afternoon when I went by. Saw trucks With empty trailers

Re: The Queen ramp at Ray Hubbard - 10/24/16 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
Looked like they opened it up this afternoon when I went by. Saw trucks With empty trailers

It wasn't closed today, but not sure if it will be in the future.
Posted By: Simmonsdlwa

Re: The Queen ramp at Ray Hubbard - 10/25/16 12:47 AM

All of Robertson Park is now owned by Rowlett and will be redeveloped as part of that resort they're planning. I think they took possession of Bay View last week. Maybe there was confusion regarding the public ramp but it wouldn't surprise if it's lost too. Public access to public waters is threatened nation wide.

Re: The Queen ramp at Ray Hubbard - 10/27/16 11:00 PM

It looks like they have closed the ramp

Posted By: Big Worm78

Re: The Queen ramp at Ray Hubbard - 10/28/16 02:31 AM

That's a shame, great place to have your truck broken into! No really does suck, was a big ramp to close down. And it's just the begging for what is about to happen to that whole area for bass fishing. All will be lost, in that whole area according to the plans I saw.
Posted By: CrankinStick aka Chadd

Re: The Queen ramp at Ray Hubbard - 10/28/16 05:54 AM

Now the marinas are going to start charging more!
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: The Queen ramp at Ray Hubbard - 10/28/16 11:20 AM

Let me win the lotto and I'll build a ramp for us to use. Ski boats $20, jet fleas $20, Bass boats free.
Posted By: dustinmoorman

Re: The Queen ramp at Ray Hubbard - 10/28/16 11:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Big Worm78
That's a shame, great place to have your truck broken into!

frown this ramp is exactly why I use paid ramps / parks only now days.
Posted By: BAGaBass

Re: The Queen ramp at Ray Hubbard - 10/28/16 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Jigfish
Let me win the lotto and I'll build a ramp for us to use. Ski boats $20, jet fleas $20, Bass boats free.

Nice! thumb
Posted By: snickers

Re: The Queen ramp at Ray Hubbard - 10/28/16 12:08 PM

I use chandlers because when I get off the water I need my trailer to put my boat on and my catalytic converters to make my truck run proper.
Posted By: Tc24

Re: The Queen ramp at Ray Hubbard - 10/28/16 12:41 PM

I've used the ramp in John Paul jones park a few times.. Has anyone ever had a problem with parking there?
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: The Queen ramp at Ray Hubbard - 10/28/16 03:24 PM

I sure hope the Marinas don't start charging more. It's already ridiculous at $20. For that much, they should back me down the ramp , park my truck, and clean it while I'm fishing.

Re: The Queen ramp at Ray Hubbard - 10/29/16 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: EastTexasBassin
I sure hope the Marinas don't start charging more. It's already ridiculous at $20. For that much, they should back me down the ramp , park my truck, and clean it while I'm fishing.

I agree... lol. I decided to go there this morning for the first time & was told it's 15.00 Monday-Thursday & 20.00 Friday-Sunday... frown

Re: The Queen ramp at Ray Hubbard - 10/29/16 12:15 AM

I use Chandler's, it's close to home and I purchase a yearly pass there, but I just think it stinks that they closed the only public access on that part of the lake.

I know a guy who had his trailer stolen at John Paul Jones a couple months back...

Re: The Queen ramp at Ray Hubbard - 10/29/16 12:18 AM

I kinda like having my trailer, so I guess I'll stay away from John Paul Jones. Chandlers quoted me a pass for 300.00 a year..

Re: The Queen ramp at Ray Hubbard - 10/29/16 12:23 AM

How about the boat ramp in Terry park located In Heath?
Posted By: Bass Art

Re: The Queen ramp at Ray Hubbard - 10/29/16 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Tc24

It's free. Decent ramps, but it's hard to launch/load by yourself if the water gets low without damaging your boat on the rocks.

Never had a problem with theft/vandalism.

Re: The Queen ramp at Ray Hubbard - 10/29/16 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Bass Art
Originally Posted By: Tc24

It's free. Decent ramps, but it's hard to launch/load by yourself if the water gets low without damaging your boat on the rocks.

Never had a problem with theft/vandalism.

Thanks, will be sure to check it out soon..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum