Texas Fishing Forum

Humminbird 1197c/Navionics Overloaded??

Posted By: 361V

Humminbird 1197c/Navionics Overloaded?? - 10/23/16 02:04 PM

I have a Humminbird 1197c on the console of my boat. I have run a Navionics Hotmaps Platinum South chip in as long as I've had the boat. It's an older chip. Maybe 6-7 years old. Probably the 1st Platinum chip. I also leave a Boatlanes chip in the graph for when I'm @ Fork. The other day I put a brand new Hotmaps Platinum South chip in place of the older Platinum chip and my graph went haywire on the start up. It would just blink on and off but never load up or start up. Couldn't even shut it down from the unit. Had to unplug it to power down but when turned back on the same problem would arise. Finally I took out the Boatlanes chip and the unit started up and ran fine. For a "technologically challenged" fisherman is there simply too much data in the new Platinum chip for the unit to have both chips "running"? Never was a problem w/old chip. Not a problem to leave the boatlanes out...until I go to Fork and want both. Thanks, 361v.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Humminbird 1197c/Navionics Overloaded?? - 10/23/16 04:21 PM

Since the boat lanes chip is not mapping and is GPS data, it should not be in your unit after you have installed the data in the unit's memory. Your unit is not reading any data from the Boat Lanes chip.

Humminbird units read Lakemaster and Navionics digital mapping.
Posted By: planoracer

Re: Humminbird 1197c/Navionics Overloaded?? - 10/23/16 04:33 PM

I had a similar problem until I decided to make my own boat lane trail.Each time I go out on Fork I run the buoys and mark each one as I pass them.I edit the waypoints by adding LFBL followed by a number.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Humminbird 1197c/Navionics Overloaded?? - 10/24/16 12:23 AM

Too much data for the 1197 processor. My 1197 does the same thing. I can run the newer chip on the 958 at the bow and the old chip on the 1197 at the console. New chip in the 1197 causes issues. It will run but freezes up going down the lake. Both chip together equals more data for the processor.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum