Texas Fishing Forum

bass locations this time of year

Posted By: Ryno

bass locations this time of year - 10/20/16 04:03 PM

I've not done much fall fishing.....even though it has felt more like summer lately.

Where are bass located this time of year? I would guess back of creeks up shallow chasing shad?

I threw a crankbait until my right arm was close to falling off last weekend and no luck. Went back up into a few creeks.

Then again the lake I was on, I rarely catch anything anyway. lol
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: bass locations this time of year - 10/20/16 04:09 PM

One thing to remember is, some lakes start their Fall pattern earlier or later than other lakes. So if you aren't catching much in the back 1/4, 1/2 or so, start at the mouth or first 1/4 of the creek/tributary and work your way in. If you don't catch any fish in the first 1/4 of the creek/tributary then most likely those fish are still offshore. Another thing to remember is that a lot of different baits will work this time of year, so don't be afraid to switch up baits every now and then.

Tight lines!
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: bass locations this time of year - 10/20/16 04:22 PM

I usually stay main lake this time of year until mid November.

Traps and cranks should get you bit
Posted By: BigBassB

Re: bass locations this time of year - 10/20/16 04:25 PM

Like Big Bass said, work your way back out to the main lake until you find them. They are there somewhere..
Posted By: CCTX

Re: bass locations this time of year - 10/20/16 04:32 PM

I like to start at the mouths of feeder creeks and work back.

Agree; highly lake dependent.

Lakes with very little shallow cover/vegetation; the shad and the bass can stay at the mouths of feeder creeks usually suspended in deeper timber 8-15ft until mid November

Lakes with lots of shallow vegetation; plenty of the shad and bass have been really shallow 1-3 fow for the past month.

For one reason or another, some creeks/creek channels are better than others. You can scan three or four creeks with hardly a bait fish in sight, then the fifth creek you check has a ton.

Rock, concrete, rip rap, and bridges can be good this time of year.
Posted By: buda13

Re: bass locations this time of year - 10/20/16 05:27 PM

If your lake has gizzard shad... find them and you find the quality bass.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum