Texas Fishing Forum

TFF member's generosity.....

Posted By: redskeeter190

TFF member's generosity..... - 10/18/16 01:52 PM

I am a coach for a High School Bass Fishing Club in Tennessee......on a teacher's salary...understandably, I can't afford to furnish them with the items they need....having said that.....I'm amazed at the generosity of the members here on TFF.....on NUMEROUS occasions, you guys have sent items to me, at little or no expense, to me......and to see the faces of these high school anglers, when I distribute the supplies, is priceless.....the majority of the club comes from families that can't afford quality equipment...I feel like Santa Claus when I give out lures....hooks...rods...reels...life jackets.....sent by you folks.....you deserve a BIG pat on the back...remember....these student anglers are the future of our sport....without your help...it may fade away....my challenge.....find a high school club, near you.....and donate old lures, equipment...and most importantly.....YOUR TIME.....I'm also a boat captain....I fished tournaments for over 30 years....NOTHING in those 30 plus years, comes close to seeing a high school angler catch and weigh-in a fish for the first time....try it....you'll be hooked......
again.....thank you for your support.... clap clap clap
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: TFF member's generosity..... - 10/19/16 01:53 AM

This is true. Good post!
Posted By: Transplant

Re: TFF member's generosity..... - 10/19/16 04:41 PM

POST your address and see what might happen.........again!!!
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: TFF member's generosity..... - 10/19/16 07:25 PM

Love to hear this! Really a lot of good folks on the forum.
Posted By: teambassmanager

Re: TFF member's generosity..... - 10/20/16 11:55 AM

+1 I managed to snag a combo which if put together would have easily been $400 (that's through eBay) I got both items brand new on TFF $150 for reel $50 for pole.. BRAND NEW!! Thanks guys!!!
Posted By: Sure Strike

Re: TFF member's generosity..... - 10/20/16 05:31 PM

redskeeter190.
Well said and I understand completely. I am a coach of a High School Team here in Central Texas and I to have had items donated to our club. However its like you said, nothing can match the excitement of these young anglers as they compete in tournaments and bring fish to the scales, many for the first time ever. I too am extremely grateful to everyone that donates items and most importantly gave of their time to be a Boat Captain. If you have not had a chance to volunteer as a boat captain I would encourage you to give it a try. You will be teaching and molding the future of fishing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum