Texas Fishing Forum

Choke Canyon

Posted By: spacejunkie

Choke Canyon - 10/17/16 12:28 PM

Met a nice 10 to 13 year old well mannered young man yesterday at the ramp and wanted to say thanks to him and his parents for his concern and manners.

I was in the process of flipping the selector switch on my boat winch when a wave hit the boat yesterday at the ramp. Because of the rocking action the wave caused my thumb slipped into the gears and took out a pretty good chunk of meat from my thumb. This young man was carrying tournament fish back to the water when it happened and said "Sir are you okay, can I help". The "Sir" part at that moment overcame the pain I was in as it has been a long time since I have heard such manners.

If anyone here was in that tournament and know this young man and his Dad please give them a big thank you from me for something you don't see very much anymore.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Choke Canyon - 10/18/16 12:35 AM

Sorry about the thumb! How was the fishing? What weights won the Tourny?
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Choke Canyon - 10/18/16 12:35 PM

Thanks dmr. Thumb is in a protective splint and with meds not bothering me much. Fishing was more of an outing with wife and daughter so I can't give a good report. Don't know the weights as I didn't get a chance to ask but there were about 10-15 boats fishing and a lot of fish were being released. Felt good to see the parking lot about 1/3 full since the last time I was there when I counted 4 vehicles. Either the fish are biting or more are just seeing the "new" lake with the latest rise in water. First time I have been there in a long time that I did not see a single gator. As soon as the thumb get better I plan on going in the middle of the week to try it alone.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum