Texas Fishing Forum

What Is This Thing?

Posted By: Tire Master

What Is This Thing? - 10/14/16 04:39 PM

It WAS on the tongue of my Ranger trailer. It appears to cover the hydraulic port for the surge brakes. I assume someone helped themselves to MINE at the ramp last weekend. I need to replace it but I'd like to know if it has a real name to make my search easier. Anyone?
Posted By: Warren60

Re: What Is This Thing? - 10/14/16 04:46 PM

Master Cylinder cap
Posted By: Buzzard Breath

Re: What Is This Thing? - 10/14/16 04:52 PM

whoever took it may they leave it loose and it fly off at 70mph and put a hole in their boat.

Re: What Is This Thing? - 10/14/16 05:51 PM

Thank you!
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: What Is This Thing? - 10/14/16 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Buzzard Breath
whoever took it may they leave it loose and it fly off at 70mph and put a hole in their boat.

Agreed.
Posted By: El Skeeter

Re: What Is This Thing? - 10/14/16 06:22 PM

Here's one

https://www.amazon.com/UFP-Brake-Lockout-Cap-Upgrade/dp/B006UH5ZSY

Re: What Is This Thing? - 11/14/16 10:32 PM

OK...so I guess I have to admit it...I'm totally mechanically incompetent. I have the replacement in hand....WHY WON'T IT install right? Is there some sort of trick to get these suckers in right? I see the little notches and the teeth....I aligned them up...all is well...except for the fact it won't "TWIST" into place the way it should.....[censored] am I missing? I'm ready to start throwing [censored]! HELP!
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: What Is This Thing? - 11/14/16 10:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Buzzard Breath

+1000 and they get spinal meningitis, their a$$hole draws up around their nose, they get the drizzling $hits and live to be 1000 years old.

realmad
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: What Is This Thing? - 11/14/16 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Tire Master
OK...so I guess I have to admit it...I'm totally mechanically incompetent. I have the replacement in hand....WHY WON'T IT install right? Is there some sort of trick to get these suckers in right? I see the little notches and the teeth....I aligned them up...all is well...except for the fact it won't "TWIST" into place the way it should.....[censored] am I missing? I'm ready to start throwing [censored]! HELP!

Best idea I can give you is go to either Rockwall Marine or Plano Marine and ask for help. Both places have helped me many times with similar issues.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: What Is This Thing? - 11/14/16 11:03 PM

You may have to bleed the system, I'm a skeeter guy we have a different system but if takes fluid, and it's been compromised by driving and activation while stopping. You may want to heed GIG'UMs advice.. jm2c's
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: What Is This Thing? - 11/14/16 11:08 PM

Make sure the tongue is pulled out. It goes in a specific way. The cap is designed to twist and lock out the brake system.
Posted By: Wise 1

Re: What Is This Thing? - 11/14/16 11:16 PM

Put it in purpendicular to the tongue, the twist. It will lock in place. To lock out the brake acuator or remove, push button the turn again..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum