Texas Fishing Forum

Berkeley t question

Posted By: Mike_Soriano™

Berkeley t question - 10/14/16 01:29 PM

Do they hand out a list of approved/usable products before the tourney starts? I think Berkeley made something like 19,000 products last time I went and that was 10 years ago. So is there a list or something that has all the Berkeley owned companies? I'm sure I could google it but Its easier to ask you fellers.
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Berkeley t question - 10/14/16 03:35 PM

Look at the site and read the rules to the tournament.

Any new or old Berley line of baits will work...I wish I had an old frenzy top water bait!

If you use a spinnerbait, chatterbait or jighead with a skirt it must be a berkley skirt - they are very particular for sure.

Funny....I went to BPS in Garland last night and darn it I was a little late! They dont have much left!

I can not believe Berkley doesnt make any type of pop'r or walking bait! Crazy
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Berkeley t question - 10/14/16 03:38 PM

I saw that Oak Ridge has a lot of Berkely stuff yesterday
Posted By: bigcat85

Re: Berkeley t question - 10/14/16 03:43 PM

they will have baits for sale at registration that you never knew they ever made
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Berkeley t question - 10/14/16 04:45 PM

Pure fishing does have a pop-r and walking baits. It's under the Sebile brand, they have hollow-body frogs as well. And yes, you can use them.

Berkley jigs for spinner bait skirts, or the Sebile brand. You can make almost anything work!
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Berkeley t question - 10/14/16 04:56 PM

Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Berkeley t question - 10/14/16 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: krawlin 47
Look at the site and read the rules to the tournament.

Any new or old Berley line of baits will work...I wish I had an old frenzy top water bait!

If you use a spinnerbait, chatterbait or jighead with a skirt it must be a berkley skirt - they are very particular for sure.

Funny....I went to BPS in Garland last night and darn it I was a little late! They dont have much left!

I can not believe Berkley doesnt make any type of pop'r or walking bait! Crazy

Ken I can't buy a bite on a frenzy popper. That bait put a 2.76 in the boat a few years back. Sebile makes a nice walking bait, it's big too. The new Johnson (Berkley) beetle spins come with a skirt. I got lucky grabed the last 2 minnerbucket had. Made 4 baits from that put the skirts on my preferred spinnerbaits. And rigged the beetle spins as normal.. grin
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum