Texas Fishing Forum

Question on the bfl's

Posted By: the skipper

Question on the bfl's - 10/11/16 10:14 PM

In the cowboy division is there normally to many coanglers or not enough at the events? I'm thinking about trying the co angler deal next year. What's yall thoughts on the bfl's vs the weekend series? Would it be better to just try and fish the Costa events as a co? I'm not new to tournaments and all that, just trying something new. Open to recommendations of other trails that are mainly Texas also.
Posted By: Dillon Lee Ins & Guide Service

Re: Question on the bfl's - 10/13/16 12:23 PM

i would fish the costas as a co if you have the time
Posted By: bellamy72

Re: Question on the bfl's - 10/14/16 02:47 PM

When I fished it years ago they always had more co-anglers than boaters but haven't fished it in years.Don't know what the rules are now but if you pay for all the tournaments in the beginning you have a better chance of fishing and you used to be able to link with a boater and you didn't have to worry about not getting to fish.
Posted By: JC Skeeter

Re: Question on the bfl's - 10/14/16 07:09 PM

On the bfl's, if you link with a boater you are guaranteed. If you pay for all of the tournaments upfront, or at least the deposit, you are virtually guaranteed. For the most part, there are a few more co's than boaters, but they tend to balance out the week of the events.

On the costa's, it is more expensive as I am sure you know, but you are more likely guaranteed a spot as a co there and the payout is much higher than with the bfl.
Posted By: Texascajun69

Re: Question on the bfl's - 10/14/16 08:22 PM

Was just reading the FLW rules for 2017 and noticed a change in rule 4. This is what many of the BASS Elites are trying to get put in.

4. PURCHASING OF INFORMATION

The purchasing of, or bartering for, information about locating or catching fish on tournament waters, including but not limited to GPS waypoints (other than through commercially available sources) and the hiring of fishing guide services is not permitted by pros after January 1, 2017
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Question on the bfl's - 10/14/16 08:57 PM

Interesting, I would have thought most the info was given out for free just so some guy could stroke his ego but a good rule none the less.
Posted By: TallBaldCypress

Re: Question on the bfl's - 10/14/16 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Texascajun69
Was just reading the FLW rules for 2017 and noticed a change in rule 4. This is what many of the BASS Elites are trying to get put in.

4. PURCHASING OF INFORMATION

The purchasing of, or bartering for, information about locating or catching fish on tournament waters, including but not limited to GPS waypoints (other than through commercially available sources) and the hiring of fishing guide services is not permitted by pros after January 1, 2017

Yall think giving info on X lake and you getting info on Y lake could be considered bartering?
Posted By: El Skeeter

Re: Question on the bfl's - 10/15/16 12:00 AM

Yall think giving info on X lake and you getting info on Y lake could be considered bartering?
You decide
:http://www.dictionary.com/browse/barter
Posted By: Kristopher Douglas.

Re: Question on the bfl's - 10/15/16 01:28 AM

I don't you should be allowed to share or receive info.
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Question on the bfl's - 10/15/16 04:58 PM

For the BFL, just register early and or link with a boater. Its not hard to get in as a Co Angler. Its the guys that decide to sign up at the last min that don't get to fish.

Its easy to find someone to link with. You can post on TFF you are a co Angler looking to link with a boater and you will get hooked up right a way.

The BFL is fun to fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum