Texas Fishing Forum

Tying Jig Skirts

Posted By: Connor S

Tying Jig Skirts - 10/11/16 06:38 PM

About get into wire tying my own jig skirts; primarily to incorporate more living rubber into my fishing diet without having to buy so many different jigs. Any tips or advise about places y'all go to to buy material or things that helped you out? Also, for the guys that do it, do you use skirt umbrellas for swim jigs and spinner baits? Do they make a difference?

Thanks a bunch!

Tight Lines
Posted By: J_Cagle_Fishing

Re: Tying Jig Skirts - 10/11/16 08:35 PM

lure parts online is where I get mine from when I do it from time to time
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Tying Jig Skirts - 10/11/16 09:06 PM

Barlow's Tackle is where I order from. Copper wire comes from ACE Hardware in 30.5M or 24 gauge size. You will not need the mentioned Umbrellas. It flares out just fine.

This is the process I use as you scroll through the post.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/11031570/#11031570
Posted By: pagemaster

Re: Tying Jig Skirts - 10/11/16 11:42 PM

fishing skirts.com they have everything you could want.
Posted By: Hoghunter36

Re: Tying Jig Skirts - 10/12/16 02:13 AM

Fishingskirts.com has the cheapest skirt material . Between them and barlows you can get everything you need
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Tying Jig Skirts - 10/12/16 01:27 PM

I also use fishingskirts.com for the skirt material because of all the choices they have, but use skirt collars from Barlows. The collars from Barlows last longer than the standard rubber ones.

Re: Tying Jig Skirts - 10/12/16 01:28 PM

Thanks Guys! Tight lines.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Tying Jig Skirts - 10/12/16 01:38 PM

I use the jig collars to change out skirts on my jig heads but If I really like a certain color and have no plans on changing it out, I will then tie it to the jig with a short piece of braided line. In time the collar gets soft and the skirt will fall apart if you don't tie it on either with braid or wire.

Re: Tying Jig Skirts - 10/12/16 01:46 PM

Donald, what type of minnow and crawfish extract are you using?
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Tying Jig Skirts - 10/12/16 04:04 PM

I have a Biotech that works for a testing facility to make it for me. I have the ones listed in my signature.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum