Texas Fishing Forum

Black Boat

Posted By: Boone921

Black Boat - 10/04/16 02:48 AM

I'm looking at a couple boats. The one I am leaning towards is black with silver accent. Over all a dark boat no white at all.
My question is what draw backs are there to a black boat.

I know it will be hotter. any thing else?
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 02:49 AM

Harder to see?
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 02:53 AM

Hardest color to keep clean. Will show every water spot.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 03:05 AM

will aslo show scuffs easier. But black is a sweet color go for it!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Curtbass
Hardest color to keep clean. Will show every water spot.
It is an absolute beating ...... don't do it. It will never look clean

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 03:17 AM

I'm not exactly known for my cleanliness either. LOL
Posted By: eggs'isled

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 03:33 AM

buddy had a black and silver Triton...looked good the day he brought it home...that was it...and they get hot in the sun...if you get dark carpet too plan on the temp in your livewells to go up more than light colored, as well as the storage boxes...I had a silver and blue Ranger with dark blue carpet and I would open all the storage boxes at the end of the day to let the radiant heat out...they look nice but have a lot of draw backs...oh yeah stay away from east Texas red mud...enjoy what you get !
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 03:36 AM

Get what you want .
Posted By: 361V

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Hog Jaw
Get what you want .
Yep, but what you want will be real hot in the summer and hardest to keep clean. :-)
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 11:42 AM

Black cars/boats are really pretty WHEN CLEAN, but my experience, it is hard to keep them clean.
JMO, but I have found white seems to stay cleaner looking longer.

Good luck in your hunt for a new rig. Wish I had that kind of decision

Go with what your head/decision tells you.....
God Bless
Lee
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 11:46 AM

I have had 1 blk boat and I will never own another one, regardless of the deal.
Posted By: big mike

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 11:52 AM

Same here. Never again. Not in Texas.
Posted By: steve@S2Marine

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 12:18 PM

i have a black and yellow boat.

the yellow part shows a ton more dirt than the black!!!

gray carpet in mine.. same as most every boat out there.. we stand on the deck to fish.. not on the black
part of the boat...jus sayin.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 12:44 PM

My last five Skeeters, including my current one, have been black. Not flat black (except the hull) but metal flake (black galaxy). However my cap is platinum mist or silver hologram which is just as reflective as white, looks better and doesn't show dirt like white. I don't find the boat hard to keep clean at all and it has a very distinctive look that I like.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 12:50 PM

Black is beautiful. Especially black rangers.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: whatsaweighin

Does it get hot in the summer heat?
Posted By: Mr. Greensides

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 12:58 PM

Black boats matter! OMG
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger
Originally Posted By: whatsaweighin

Does it get hot in the summer heat?

No, the. Inside is white
Posted By: SetNhooks

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 01:01 PM

Always heard "once ya go black, you never go back"
Posted By: Catching Air

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 01:34 PM

Want have black ever. White isn't that bad to keep clean and shows less scratches. Current boat is white with a black bottom. Want do that again either. No colored bottoms except white. The colors and metal flakes just show to many blemishes after a few years of fishing.
Posted By: ShawnT

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 01:45 PM

All my boats have been dark and my current Skeeter is black. It's black all over. It's not any hotter to fish from than any other boat I've been in as the carpet is the same color..gray. If the seats have any color to them at all (most do, even in white boats) they will be hot and mine definitely
are.

As far as keeping it look clean, mine is flat black and flat gray and water spots do show up on it so I do take 10-15 minutes in between trips to wipe it down. Those spots are only noticable when I'm standing close to the boat. When you're running by me on the lake, or passing me on the highway, or even just looking at it from 50' away you would never notice. You would probably notice the colors though.

One other thing to consider, is black and dark colored boats sell very well.

Here are a couple of pics of the day I got it and the dirtiest its ever been. It was pulled all the way from Arkasnas on a rainy muddy day and hadnt been wiped down yet.

Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 02:05 PM

No harder to keep clean than any other boat I've had.
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 03:05 PM

My partner bought a black v20 last year and it looks like new. Wipe it down before you leave the ramp and it will stay clean.
Posted By: Stikslinger

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 05:02 PM

Love my black Nitro Z19. I just wipe it down everytime i use it. Takes about 5 minutes. Love the color and would buy another black boat.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 05:07 PM

I think people are taking about the black being on consoles,seats or inside of boat will make it hotter. When you have a black boat with a light color inside you will not see a hotter boat. I will tell you if you fish in Texas and your seats are a dark color and you sit on them when in the sun in July or August you will burn your legs with shorts on. This is why when people who do buy darker color boats have either white or some color of silver on the inside and in seats to get rid of heat in seats. I have had black bottom on rangers and Phoenix boats and not any harder to keep clean. I will tell you I fish fork with theses boats. I do not intentionally beat the boat against stumps, but with that being I didn't see a lot of scratches on the bottom and it clean just as easily as the other colors.
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 05:21 PM

I love a dark colored boat. My 2017 is the first one I've owned. So far it has not been hard to keep clean. I did have to wash it after fishing this last weekend on a river. Scung lines are even worst on a light color boat. I used the same gray seats as most boats. I do believe black seats are hotter but all seats are hot in 100° weather. Here is my 2017 Puma ftd.

Posted By: Dr JL

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 06:15 PM

Op just get the color you like.
I have a dark boat very similar to Andrew's puma above but a smaller model and I like the color a lot.
The color you like is the most important factor as all colors have positive and negative aspects.
Posted By: Ricky Taylor

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 07:11 PM

I have a all solid black gambler with golf flake and silver pin striping. When it's clean it's beautiful. But it gets dirty easy, I just wipe it down with BBS when I leave the lake.
It doesnt get that hot. Not like you would think a black boat would.
Go for it! I went black, probably won't go back.
Posted By: TxFisherman03

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 07:16 PM

Fish can't see the bottom. They can on a white bottom. Just my theory.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 07:18 PM

Whatever you do don't get black seats. I have the scars on my but to prove how hot they get.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Black Boat - 10/04/16 07:26 PM

Got a black and white Skeeter, never have another black one but will white. Black shows scratches easy, gets hot and you HAVE to wax it in the shade and after it cools off. White with a combo of any color but black will be my next one. No green or yellow though.

Re: Black Boat - 10/05/16 02:13 AM

Heres the one I was looking at. I decided to pass on it.

Here's the LISTING someone is gonna get a good deal on it.
Posted By: Brian McCarty

Re: Black Boat - 10/05/16 04:17 AM

What made you pass on it?
Posted By: guntz67

Re: Black Boat - 10/05/16 05:19 PM

I have one they catch fish lol
Posted By: guntz67

Re: Black Boat - 10/05/16 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Champion198
Heres the one I was looking at. I decided to pass on it.

Here's the LISTING someone is gonna get a good deal on it.

SWEEEEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: flexpress

Re: Black Boat - 10/05/16 05:38 PM

They are all hard to keep clean thank you ! I have a black boat. I seem to catch more fish in it. I had a white and a red one ! now black ... there all hot lol...Black is hard for someone to see ya ! up in those creeks ! Red they see you for miles...! To me it depends on the color of carpet how hot they get on top... Gray carpet not to bad now black it will be hot your choice ...Good luck picking your boat...They all are nice ...! Hard to pick lol...
Posted By: RO519

Re: Black Boat - 10/05/16 08:32 PM

Personally, I think a white boat is harder to keep clean. I am anal about keeping my boat clean, more so than most guys. They instantly get a water line and always are dirty. Drive in any type of damp conditions and the white looks muddied and dull. I will never own a white boat again because of this.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Black Boat - 10/05/16 10:32 PM

would match my truck, would not easily be picked out if someone was wondering where you fished,

Re: Black Boat - 10/06/16 03:18 AM

Got a great deal on another 921 from S & D boats plus

I plan on keeping the boat for a good while. I just thought long term this one was a better fit for my family.
Plus my little boy said he liked this one. Lol. Plus this one is a way closer to me. Just in case I ever need to take it al the way back to the dealer I got it from.

Re: Black Boat - 10/06/16 11:03 AM

I plan on keeping the boat for a good while. I just thought long term this one was a better fit for my family.
Plus my little boy said he liked this one. Lol. Plus this one is a way closer to me. Just in case I ever need to take it al the way back to the dealer I got it from.

Better choice, that is one beautiful boat and the colors are perfect.

thumb
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Black Boat - 10/06/16 12:37 PM

thumb sharp looking boat!

Re: Black Boat - 10/06/16 07:56 PM

Thanks to all for the comments and insight. Really excited to get her home.
Posted By: RO519

Re: Black Boat - 10/06/16 08:21 PM

Pretty boat! I'm ready to upgrade!
Posted By: Battson34

Re: Black Boat - 10/06/16 09:20 PM

Will hold too much heat for me, but get what you want.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Black Boat - 10/07/16 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Better choice, that is one beautiful boat and the colors are perfect.

thumb

I agree.....and I like black vehicles. The boat you chose is way better looking.

Re: Black Boat - 10/07/16 12:33 AM

Originally Posted By: RO519
Personally, I think a white boat is harder to keep clean. I am anal about keeping my boat clean, more so than most guys. They instantly get a water line and always are dirty. Drive in any type of damp conditions and the white looks muddied and dull. I will never own a white boat again because of this.

If I buy another boat I'm gonna look for one just like yours. Really pretty boat.

thumb
Posted By: Battson34

Re: Black Boat - 10/11/16 06:24 PM

Sweat!
Posted By: Jay Kumar

Re: Black Boat - 10/11/16 07:05 PM

Black looks mean from a distance, but close up is another story. Recently was in Dave LeFebre's black boat, and was amazed at how "dirty" it looked (water spots, etc) even though it wasn't dirtier than several other guys' boats.... On the other hand my truck is black, shows a ton of dirt etc but not sure I'd change it!
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Black Boat - 10/11/16 07:15 PM

&amp
Posted By: mikemtx

Re: Black Boat - 10/14/16 12:28 AM

Owned a white boat for 5 years, will never own another. I love my black and blue I have now.
Posted By: FishFAN

Re: Black Boat - 10/14/16 01:47 AM

My black Triton is beautiful; clean it every trip; matches my black Toyota. Beautiful.
Posted By: fish 4 5

Re: Black Boat - 10/14/16 11:22 AM

As long as you take care of it,wipe it off, no different than any other color, except for top cap getting HOT in the summer. In the spring the top cap make a nice big band warmer...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum