Texas Fishing Forum

Lake master or Navionics for Choke Canyon, Amistad and Falcon

Posted By: Minner Bucket

Lake master or Navionics for Choke Canyon, Amistad and Falcon - 10/03/16 11:56 PM

Which chip is better for these 3 lakes? I run Humminbird 898 and 998.. Thanks!
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Lake master or Navionics for Choke Canyon, Amistad and Falcon - 10/04/16 02:10 AM

Get someone to post some lakemaster and I can post some navionics pics. I can't say that nav is 100% accurate, but it's pretty decent.
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Lake master or Navionics for Choke Canyon, Amistad and Falcon - 10/04/16 08:34 PM

Take a look at the Navionics Webapp for the Navionics portion of this. It is the most updated version available from Navionics and 100% free. Be sure to toggle the button in the bottom left to turn on the Sonar Chart layer as well....I have always ran Humminbird with Navionics cards.

http://webapp.navionics.com/#boating@6&key=omvvDnjx%7DP
Posted By: Rickmb

Re: Lake master or Navionics for Choke Canyon, Amistad and Falcon - 10/05/16 12:02 AM

If Lakemaster has a HD map for the lake it will be very good and allow you to use the water level offset feature. All three lakes are down so this feature is really helpful. Navionics also has HD maps which are very good. Adjusting the map for lower water levels is more cumbersome but can be done.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum