Texas Fishing Forum

Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship

Posted By: BB675

Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 09/30/16 01:33 PM

How many boats do y'all anticipate participating in the Bass Champs Championship on the Sabine?
Posted By: petro

Re: Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 09/30/16 01:40 PM

Posted By: Chris G

Re: Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 09/30/16 02:07 PM

I would be shocked if its less than 225. It's closest to the East region which already draws the most boats anyways. My guess would be 225-250 which is gonna be a little crowded.
Posted By: Dax Davis

Re: Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 09/30/16 05:30 PM

Posted By: Tejasbasshunter

Re: Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 10/04/16 05:26 AM

Posted By: cody520

Re: Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 10/05/16 02:37 AM

Lot of open room at holiday inn. Called to cancel ours and lady said there had been 8 people call and cancel. Hope it goes back to a lake or have all divisions fish same lake at once but fish against your own region you qualified in
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 10/05/16 02:57 AM

People will complain about the sky being blue...

I like the idea of a place where the field is more level. Any major lake in Texas that's not possible.
Posted By: LukeMcFarlane

Re: Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 10/05/16 06:40 PM

It wont get too crowded. Plenty of fish to be caught and miles of water to fish.
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 10/05/16 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta

I like the idea of a place where the field is more level. Any major lake in Texas that's not possible.

Will agree to an extent. but some of us work and can't take off to go all the way over to the east side of Texas. We paid our dues and fished all the tournaments to qualify, and to see the Sabine get chosen when there are 50,000 other lakes that are now full? Wasn't the best choice of venue in my opinion. Not like us north and west Texas guys can pre-fish it every weekend like the guys who live over there. Not to mention I am not a sponsored pro, so if something gets torn up on the boat, I have to pay for it. I don't know, I don't agree with the location, but I am only one person.
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 10/05/16 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Josh Seale

Will agree to an extent. but some of us work and can't take off to go all the way over to the east side of Texas. We paid our dues and fished all the tournaments to qualify, and to see the Sabine get chosen when there are 50,000 other lakes that are now full? Wasn't the best choice of venue in my opinion. Not like us north and west Texas guys can pre-fish it every weekend like the guys who live over there. Not to mention I am not a sponsored pro, so if something gets torn up on the boat, I have to pay for it. I don't know, I don't agree with the location, but I am only one person.

Then maybe Bass Champs isn't for you.

(Isn't for me either.)
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 10/05/16 08:14 PM

Yeah you said it in the last line perfectly. If it was in west Texas the other guys would be upset, previously it was the red river so i feel this is a little closer to center. It is what it is

Re: Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 10/05/16 09:17 PM

And that is a fair statement. I deserve no more fair treatment than the next guy. It is what it is. Good luck to all those who are fishing and be safe.

Re: Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 10/05/16 11:23 PM

Originally Posted By: CoachCBA

Then maybe Bass Champs isn't for you.

(Isn't for me either.)

Last time I checked BassChamps was for everybody. It's a working man's weekend trail. I don't think expressing my displeasure at the venue has any indication on if BassChamps is for me or not. I just have a hard time believing there wasn't a better choice of venue. Maybe one just a little more centrally located. Like I said. I am just one person and unfortunately where the tournament is being held keeps me from fishing. It happens.
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 10/06/16 12:49 AM

Josh we are here all the way from the South and it sucks. You get hassled by degenerates at every gas station , resteraunt or store. We paid way too much for a crappy hotel with no boat parking or plug ins. The traffic is nuts and we will be lucky to make it out of here with our gear and truck and boat intact. Oh and I forgot to mention we fished all day and never caught a bass over 13 inches. We did catch a few really nice redfish and a turtle.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 10/06/16 01:16 AM

I drove from cedar park. Not exactly close. Anywhere you put it, someone will complain. Just be glad it's not on red river this year. It's fishing horrible.

I haven't fished down here in 15 years and I caught 2 limits today of 14"+ fish. Plenty of fish to be caught down here.
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 10/06/16 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: leethefishking
Josh we are here all the way from the South and it sucks. You get hassled by degenerates at every gas station , resteraunt or store. We paid way too much for a crappy hotel with no boat parking or plug ins. The traffic is nuts and we will be lucky to make it out of here with our gear and truck and boat intact. Oh and I forgot to mention we fished all day and never caught a bass over 13 inches. We did catch a few really nice redfish and a turtle.

Seriously? Every gas station, restaurant, and store? LOL!
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 10/06/16 02:00 AM

Pretty sure you can just follow the money , whoever offers the most is where the championship is going to be, they are in business to make a living, can't blame them for that.
Posted By: Flooringit

Re: Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 10/06/16 02:27 AM

I drive 8 hours to fish the basschamps at Rayburn and bend. I live in Arkansas , have a job and just show up and fish. I know locals are gonna kick my butt. It's the competition that makes me try harder. I'm still learning the lakes. Never complain. If I can't make it I just don't. No excuses
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 10/06/16 03:40 AM

I am headed out in a couple of hours to meet up with my partner and prefish the next 2 days. Its all brand new water to both of us but we are going with an open mind and gonna give it hell. We are both excited to fish a new place and look forward to the challenge. We both are shallow water guys if we have the choice so I look forward to fishing the way I like to fish.
Wish everyone going down a safe trip and Champs always does it big at the Championship and that helps make it a great time as well. Be safe, good fishing and have fun.
Posted By: LukeMcFarlane

Re: Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 10/06/16 01:04 PM

I have lived in Orange for 30 years and have never had a single issue at any ramp, restaurant, gas station ever with my boat and equipment. Where have you been going?
Posted By: etexbasser

Re: Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 10/06/16 04:23 PM

I don't live down here but I work down here (Sulphur, La) on a 7x7 schedule and fish the Sabine and everywhere else while I'm down here. The people are great, love to tell you where they are fishing and what they caught them on and I have never had a problem with boat or equipment and I have launched at some pretty out of the way places. I really enjoy my time down here. Good luck to all the bass champ teams.
Posted By: John Anderson

Re: Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 10/07/16 02:09 AM

Fish Sabine all the time... no issues that any other town doesn't have. GOOD LUCK to all fishing and will be exciting to see if the river produces or it's the long runs that catch the big ones.
Posted By: B.K.S.

Re: Number of Boats for Bass Champs Championship - 10/07/16 03:49 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong in disagreeing with the Site selection for the championship,We paid our dues,fished all the tournaments in our region,qualified and we decided after a weekend trip down to checkout the accommodations not to go.Bad choice in my opinion,would have stayed in Lake Charles if we had gone,in no way would I have stayed in Orange.That just would not have worked out for my wife to go along as she did last year.Mabey some were tired of the Red River and that would be their opinion just as I have mine,would rather have gone to Texoma and given the North and West guys a little easier trip this year.So as far as how many boats will be there,well one less.JMHO
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum