Texas Fishing Forum

Spot to freezer relocation

Posted By: River to sea

Spot to freezer relocation - 09/27/16 06:19 PM

All you guys that love to catch fish to eat , I fished Cypress Springs twice last month , and it is full of 8/14 inch spotted bass , they are going to take that lake over , if we don't start frying them . Anyone know how many of the knot heads you can keep per day ?
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Spot to freezer relocation - 09/27/16 06:21 PM

5/day. No minimum length.
Posted By: River to sea

Re: Spot to freezer relocation - 09/27/16 06:28 PM

I thought that was the the regulations , fish and game better increase the daily limit , spots have taken over several Oklahoma lakes . Start eating them guys .
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: Spot to freezer relocation - 09/27/16 07:08 PM

They are delicious.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Spot to freezer relocation - 09/27/16 07:12 PM

NO
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Spot to freezer relocation - 09/27/16 08:08 PM

Have taken over Alan Henry fish
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Spot to freezer relocation - 09/28/16 12:31 AM

We've been knocking them back on rayburn when we catch them. They are pretty good. A close second to white perch.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Spot to freezer relocation - 09/28/16 12:46 PM

What do you mean going to take over? The spots took over Cypress many years ago. Thankfully we got a nice stocking of Florida strain LMB recently. When we are crappie fishing we always try to keep our limit of spots.
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Spot to freezer relocation - 09/28/16 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: River to sea
I thought that was the the regulations , fish and game better increase the daily limit , spots have taken over several Oklahoma lakes . Start eating them guys .

OK eliminated the daily limit on spots a year or two back. TX needs to at least raise it significantly.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Spot to freezer relocation - 09/28/16 04:52 PM

Rayburn is full of them but the 8-10lbers keep them in check. When Rayburn had hybrids it seemed the spots weren't as thick as now either. They could open the limit and it would not impact their numbers imo.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum