Texas Fishing Forum

Amon Carter Lake - Bass Fishing

Posted By: WolverGene

Amon Carter Lake - Bass Fishing - 09/22/16 12:36 AM

Ok guys, the Mrs and I are new to the DFW area and we see that the TPWD rate bass fishing as excellent. I take the intel from their website with a grain of salt as everyone has the same information. Its hard to find fishing reports on it as well.

anybody have any helpful suggestions on how to approach this lake for the fall pattern? main lake points and secondary points adjacent to flats seem the appropriate call a long as you can find shad given the time of year. The website seems to have a clear distinction between the connecting "lakes", but hard to gauge how reliable the info is.

Any help would be appreciated!
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: Amon Carter Lake - Bass Fishing - 09/22/16 02:20 AM

It's basically two lakes in one that has an tunnel that goes under road from one side to other. Have what they call old side and other known as new side. Old side has boat docks and more open. New side has timber. Most shoreline has good depth. Lots of bushes still around shoreline holding fish. Everyone has their own opinions which side is better. Either side at anytime you can get that one big bite. Full of bait fish.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Amon Carter Lake - Bass Fishing - 09/22/16 09:14 AM

personally always do better on the old lake side and use selma park ramp. I havent been over there in a couple years so I wouldnt have much info to help you out, but its a nice place to fish.
Posted By: WolverGene

Re: Amon Carter Lake - Bass Fishing - 09/22/16 04:56 PM

Thank you guys for the helpful insights. As with most lakes, there always seems to be patterns/baits that seem reliable year in and year out. Is there any suggestions on baits that are productive or just throw what you have confidence in?
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: Amon Carter Lake - Bass Fishing - 09/22/16 08:36 PM

Catching them on just about any T-rig you throw.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum