Texas Fishing Forum

Bonham Tomorrow - Possibly

Posted By: Do-Nothin

Bonham Tomorrow - Possibly - 09/16/16 10:28 PM

Wanting to go to Bonham tomorrow, never been. Is it worth the time? I coach, and this is he only weekend we have open for a long time, want to make the most of it! Thanks for the help.
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Bonham Tomorrow - Possibly - 09/17/16 12:55 AM

I've only been a couple times but I enjoyed it. Nice little lake, easy to run and easy to find fish.

There's a place called The Java Joint by the ramp. The lady that runs it, I think her name is Daisy, is very friendly and makes an impressive cheeseburger. Her husband can tell you what the bass are being caught on and where.

With only one weekend and one lake to choose, I'm not sure that it would be my #1 choice but it's in the top 3 on a really windy day.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Bonham Tomorrow - Possibly - 09/17/16 12:58 AM

go to crocket or coffee mill, if in that area
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Bonham Tomorrow - Possibly - 09/17/16 01:30 AM

I wouldn't fish it unless it was too windy for other lakes. Has good grass though (reeds) and some good fish (not that I have caught).

Daisy and Dennis are good people, but the ramp here is really shallow, you'll get wet if you are launching by yourself!

Be sure to buy the lake pass if you go!

Who am I kidding? I have a club tournament to lose out there next week! I'll be there after my Cornhole match...
Posted By: jippedgenes

Re: Bonham Tomorrow - Possibly - 09/17/16 02:14 PM

we had a great day pitching docks. if there was a 6' deep channel near the dock in 3' there were fish and the water temp was high. this is my only experience
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Bonham Tomorrow - Possibly - 09/18/16 03:09 AM

Water temp was 92, I was surprised. Thought it would come down some! Guess no rain showers up there!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum