Texas Fishing Forum

Help on caddo

Posted By: Jcash2319

Help on caddo - 09/09/16 02:53 AM

Wife and I will be dropping the kids off next Friday at school and heading to caddo for the weekend. Never been but from what I was told on a earlier post was I am in for a treat. I have been to every other lake in Texas that I want to so caddo will be the last on the Texas bucket list. Never fished it before was hoping I could get some advise on we're to start. We will be staying in a small cabin on the Louisiana Side looked really nice. Small but had good reviews and was pretty cheap. Any advice would be appreciated. Hoping on getting on a frog bit le🐸🐸
Posted By: Mike_Soriano™

Re: Help on caddo - 09/09/16 07:56 AM

Umm, you know the kids can't stay at school all weekend right? Kidding bud..you and the Mrs. Have fun.
Posted By: slim1

Re: Help on caddo - 09/09/16 11:20 AM

Don't get lost. It's easy to do on that lake. Frogs in the pads are a lot of fun.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Help on caddo - 09/09/16 12:17 PM

STAY IN THE BOAT ROWS!!!! And don't be afraid to be really close to them either! I was out there a few weeks ago and was mainly on the Texas side so don't know about pads there but there were a bunch on the Texas side. Coming from the LA side I'd prob fish the Green Break area(big islands in the middle of the lake near the north shore). Easier there to go from shallow to deep quick and there should be pads on the north side of both islands. Good luck!
Posted By: Cast

Re: Help on caddo - 09/09/16 12:38 PM

I think I would take my Thermocell for skeeters.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum