Texas Fishing Forum

Cypress Springs Ramp Location..

Posted By: Paul - Lake Fork

Cypress Springs Ramp Location.. - 09/08/16 08:38 PM

Fishing tonight and was hoping for info on the best public/pay after dark ramp if you wanted to fish say in Panther. Any tips on the lake ? Feel terrible have fished just about all the lakes around here, but not on her. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Tony S

Re: Cypress Springs Ramp Location.. - 09/08/16 08:57 PM

Overlook will be your best option. We were out there a few weeks ago at night and it wasn't as great as expected. Come to find out there apparently has been a push by the HOA around there and Sandlin for the home owners to leave their dock lights off to detract the night fishing traffic. Not sure if it was just rumor or fact, but there was a noticeable difference from the last time we night fished that the lake looked a lot darker with many of the usually good lights turned off.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Cypress Springs Ramp Location.. - 09/08/16 09:00 PM

There used to be 8-10 good underwater green lights out there. As of the first week in august i only know of 1 that is on, and a lot of the overhead lights are also off. The HOA killed that lake. As far as ramps, overlook is a good ramp and has a light on it. For running you wont have anything to worry about driving to panther other than if any recreational boaters are out late. Just keep an eye out for the no wake buoys, they are at the mouth of almost every cove.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Cypress Springs Ramp Location.. - 09/08/16 09:09 PM

There were 5 green lights on last time I was there. The fish in them are so pressured that they will scatter just from a bait hitting the water. After my last few trips, I have zero desire to go back this year. The fishing has been "off" the last few months. It started out great in the spring.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum