Texas Fishing Forum

Sam Rayburn

Posted By: Space

Sam Rayburn - 09/08/16 02:14 PM

I'll be going out there soon. Can anyone give me some bass fishing reports? Where to fishing? What baits are working? Never been there looking for a little help.
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Sam Rayburn - 09/08/16 05:01 PM

Tuff time while water is so hot...probably why no response or just tite lips..lol
You can find them on main lake points early and late chasing shad. Some are small schoolers but there are some nice groups as well but may have to hunt for them. Hydrilla is coming back so if you like to punch can be good around creek channels. If that dont work get a wacky and hit the outside hay grass and fish it real slow...should produce a few nice fish. Mid lake to 147 is always good. Good luck hope you do well!

Re: Sam Rayburn - 09/08/16 11:48 PM

thanks. tight lipped for sure.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Sam Rayburn - 09/09/16 12:18 AM

Nothing new, what you hear on here will get you bit but is rarely what is really going on. Rayburn typically has 3-4 things going at one time. It changes year to year. Stay shallow and fish. You will find something eventually
Posted By: kacoach

Re: Sam Rayburn - 09/09/16 01:40 PM

Have heard of some people still catching them on frogs. Look for points with hay grass on them, shouldn't be hard.

Buddy and I have been catching them deep though. We went out last Sunday for a few hours and caught about 20 or so with the all but 1 over 3 pounds. Nothing all that great, but a lot of fun to catch and throwback. Catching them on FB jigs and Carolina rigs.
Posted By: J2H1

Re: Sam Rayburn - 09/09/16 02:47 PM

Speaking of the hay grass. Where did this stuff come from? Seems like it was everywhere and I had never seen it on Rayburn before last year. It gets thick and wraps around the prop. Is it another invasive species?
Posted By: Shadetree

Re: Sam Rayburn - 09/09/16 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: J2H1
Speaking of the hay grass. Where did this stuff come from? Seems like it was everywhere and I had never seen it on Rayburn before last year. It gets thick and wraps around the prop. Is it another invasive species?
Never noticed it before last year either but it is everywhere in Toledo Bend. On the Rayburn fishing, last night on the TV fishing report J> D. Said he was catching some on frog up in holes in the grass early. b
Posted By: Californiabasser

Re: Sam Rayburn - 09/09/16 06:11 PM

find the shad, find the bass
Posted By: Texascajun69

Re: Sam Rayburn - 09/09/16 07:50 PM

Mouth of Veach and Five Fingers is not a bad place to start
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Sam Rayburn - 09/09/16 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Shadetree
Originally Posted By: J2H1
Never noticed it before last year either but it is everywhere in Toledo Bend. On the Rayburn fishing, last night on the TV fishing report J> D. Said he was catching some on frog up in holes in the grass early. b

It's been there as long as I can remember. It fluctuates with water levels

Re: Sam Rayburn - 09/09/16 11:32 PM

Thank guys that is really good start.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum