Texas Fishing Forum

BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK

Posted By: PaPa@fork

BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/06/16 04:25 PM

Roll call, who is making it and where are you coming from ?
Posted By: TxFisherman03

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/06/16 08:12 PM

I'll be there. Picked up the bag, t-shirt and bonus card for myself and 2 others at Academy today. Hoping to make that 1 lucky cast this year. Coming from DFW
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/06/16 08:48 PM

Wished I would have remembered to sign up today in Arlington.
Posted By: Mike_Soriano™

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/06/16 09:33 PM

I'll be out there. If you see a short brown guy with a Coors light in his hand stop and say hi.

I live on fork..so I will be coming from..my house.

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/07/16 12:47 AM

I'm glad to see some of you checking in, I was starting to think my odds were going to better roflmao

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/07/16 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Mike_Soriano™
I'll be out there. If you see a short brown guy with a Coors light in his hand stop and say hi.

I live on fork..so I will be coming from..my house.

Will do, if I can find you in crowd
Posted By: GROD

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/07/16 03:10 AM

Will be six of us out there staying from Wednesday to Sunday! Good times every year. Cold beer, no work, and no worries... Can't beat it!
Posted By: Rob W.

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/07/16 03:31 AM

Originally Posted By: GROD
Will be six of us out there staying from Wednesday to Sunday! Good times every year. Cold beer, no work, and no worries... Can't beat it!
Same here. Leaving from Stephenville Wednesday. If I cash a check it's a bonus.
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/07/16 03:53 AM

Originally Posted By: bloo_rainger
Wished I would have remembered to sign up today in Arlington.
Posted By: stratosman201

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/07/16 04:26 AM

I'll be there. First time in 6 or 7 years I am able to make it. Looking forward to some good times. Best friend is coming up to fish it. First day I am head hunting. Day 2 and 3 probably check hunting.

Good luck out there.

Mark
Posted By: Alex Finch

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/07/16 04:30 AM

I'm going to get out there to give it another go! Played it smart this year and signed up in Arlington today. If today was any indication, we're going to have a bigger crowd than normal out there. Much bigger line than typically at pre-registration according to a few of the guys that normally come out there in the registration line today. Ran into a very nice gentleman at registration today also. I've talked to him a few times before but didn't figure that he liked to throw his hat in the tournament ring. He's the guy that caught the 16 a few years ago out there.
Posted By: FishVibesTv

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/07/16 01:59 PM

Me and a new buddy of mine will be there!! This will be my 1st year fishing it from a boat so should be a lot more fun!! And if you see the "FishVibesTv" shirt say hello!!

Good luck to all competing and be safe on the water!

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/07/16 02:00 PM

That's the best part
Posted By: T CLIMER

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/07/16 03:10 PM

We are going signed up last night in mesquite no waiting in line this year!!!

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/07/16 06:45 PM

How long does check in for early entries take?
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/07/16 07:11 PM

It's usually not bad MIke, either be first in line, or go later after all the beer cans pop out...lol
Posted By: TxFisherman03

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/07/16 07:35 PM

We waited 2.5 hours last year in the early entry line at the lake.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/07/16 07:39 PM

I'll be out there. If you see a short brown guy with a Coors light in his hand

Well, that narrows it down to about 500 people... wink

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/07/16 07:51 PM

Heck... Waiting in line and shooting the [censored] with all the anglers around is part of the fun!

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/07/16 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.

ok, if you see a short Brown guy with a Coors light in an xcite baits shirt lol
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/07/16 09:26 PM

Mike, hey neighbor if you get lucky on Friday and weigh a fish stop by the live release boat and say hello

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/07/16 11:04 PM

Will do Bruce.

Yikes 2.5 hours? Better bring a lawn chair and few extra cold ones.

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/07/16 11:05 PM

ok, if you see a short Brown guy with a Coors light in an xcite baits shirt lol

Thats a little better... wink

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/07/16 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: FishVibesTv
Me and a new buddy of mine will be there!! This will be my 1st year fishing it from a boat so should be a lot more fun!! And if you see the "FishVibesTv" shirt say hello!!

Good luck! Get your partner to tie up under the 154 Bridge! cool

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/07/16 11:37 PM

Ken A that would be dangerous lol.. We are gonna get away and find some back waters to stay out of the heavy traffic
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/07/16 11:54 PM

Fish, don't know how much say you have in where to fish since you're in someone else's boat but the south side of the island that is east of the 154 bridge is a great place to fish a jig and craw in about 20-25 ft. of water. Look for brush. Have fun dude.

fish

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 12:20 AM

Better get there early, it just became the starting spot of about 600 people lol.

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 12:22 AM

Gig'Em Aggies I'll definitely let him know that!!..thanks a lot for the tip!!
Posted By: RangerBass21

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 12:22 AM

And I chose to sign up at the weigh in bang

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 12:25 AM

Ken A that would be dangerous lol.. We are gonna get away and find some back waters to stay out of the heavy traffic

Nothing in the world of sportfishing can prepare you for the carnage you are about to witness known as Sealy Outdoors Big Bass at Lake Fork. coach

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 01:24 AM

Better get there early, it just became the starting spot of about 600 people lol.

I know that Mike, lol. Let me know who all showed up. Fishvibes knows whats up.
Posted By: teambassmanager

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 01:43 AM

I will be there acting like I know where they are all at duel
Posted By: Neches

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 01:46 AM

Nothing in the world of sportfishing can prepare you for the carnage you are about to witness known as Sealy Outdoors Big Bass at Lake Fork. coach
I know someone is gonna win it and lots of you will make some money. But there is no way on Gods green earth that I would fish it.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 02:21 AM

I was going to fish it, but I decided to go to Venice, La for 4 days instead. Stay safe out there and good luck! I'll be targeting 40-50" bull reds.
Posted By: Ty's Team

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 04:11 AM

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but I think the lake is about to turn over. I was there for the SPRO tourney and those weird looking jelly fishes were floating everywhere and all over the shoreline.
Posted By: Sisko

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 12:48 PM

This will be my team's (father in law and myself)first Big Bass Tournament.I picked up our packets in Arlington. I meant to ask, do you launch at any ramp and sit on the water until the radio gives the start time?

Also, pros/cons on ramps like Vals Landing or a paid vs 154 bridge (free ramps)?

Thans for any feedback.

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 12:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Sisko
This will be my team's (father in law and myself)first Big Bass Tournament.I picked up our packets in Arlington. I meant to ask, do you launch at any ramp and sit on the water until the radio gives the start time?

Also, pros/cons on ramps like Vals Landing or a paid vs 154 bridge (free ramps)?

Thans for any feedback.

Yes you can put in at any ramp. Make sure you have a radio tuned to KMOO or whatever station they tell you. They will announce the time for first cast. At about ten til each hour they will announce what's leading that hour. At 10 mins after each hour they will announce what just won the last hour.

The ramps will be a ZOO, all of them. Please make sure before you get ready to back in that your plug is in, your motor toter is off, your running lights are on, your tie downs are off, etc.

In other words be considerate of others. Unless you plan to launch at 4 am there will be long lines and there are always a bunch of water heads that hold up the line because they are not ready to launch when they get to the ramp. realmad

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
I was going to fish it, but I decided to go to Venice, La for 4 days instead. Stay safe out there and good luck! I'll be targeting 40-50" bull reds.

One of my favorite things to do at one of my favorite places. I have gone every year for the past 13 years. Who do y'all use as your guide?
Posted By: Sisko

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 02:37 PM

Thanks Ken A.

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 03:02 PM

I have One advantage. My neighborhood has a small locked ramp. I'll be loading & unloading with ease cheers
Posted By: 1FishinFool

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 03:10 PM

Is this event this weekend?
Posted By: Dax Davis

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 03:11 PM

I do to have to worry about a ramp my boat don't touch the water for this tournament!

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: 1FishinFool
Is this event this weekend?

Sep 16,17,18
Posted By: 1FishinFool

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 03:15 PM

Thanks Mike!
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 06:00 PM

One of my favorite things to do at one of my favorite places. I have gone every year for the past 13 years. Who do y'all use as your guide?

hmmm Guide? I can't afford a guide. I'm going to attempt a self guided trip. That way I can fish 4 days for the price of one guided trip.

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 06:06 PM

Thans for any feedback.

Yes you can put in at any ramp. Make sure you have a radio tuned to KMOO or whatever station they tell you. They will announce the time for first cast. At about ten til each hour they will announce what's leading that hour. At 10 mins after each hour they will announce what just won the last hour.

The ramps will be a ZOO, all of them. Please make sure before you get ready to back in that your plug is in, your motor toter is off, your running lights are on, your tie downs are off, etc.

In other words be considerate of others. Unless you plan to launch at 4 am there will be long lines and there are always a bunch of water heads that hold up the line because they are not ready to launch when they get to the ramp. realmad

First cast is at 6am
Posted By: 89javelin100

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 06:38 PM

This sound like a blast! I sure wish I knew the lake more and had more time..

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 06:39 PM

Don't forget your rain gear, if the forecast holds we may get a little wet.

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 07:16 PM

^^^^ that's good news because many won't fish in the rain and many don't get started until safe light...

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 07:30 PM

hmmm Guide? I can't afford a guide. I'm going to attempt a self guided trip. That way I can fish 4 days for the price of one guided trip.

I hope you know your way around down there bud. It would be real easy to become part of the food chain there. Be careful.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 07:35 PM

I'm in...coming from downtown Cuney, Tx USA!
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 07:38 PM

Thans for any feedback.

All good advice, I've found the pay ramps to be a more organized launch. Bob at Val's will usually do a good job. Get there super early is the best battle plan... I'm gonna sit this one out, Maxwell is coming from California this Tuesday we're gonna sore mouth the heck out of fish just prior to the big show. That sucker has won 1 and took 2nd in another. Somewhere on the range of $$$ 186,000.00 for just 2 fish. Blows my mind every time I think about it.
You first timers, be safe, tons of people that have zero business being on the water. Keep your head on a swivel, watch the guys behind you, and in front of you. Many a time I've had an idiot cut right in front of our boat path, because they don't look before turning. Or they will shut down fast, in the boat lane, again not looking before they make there move. Be careful, you will get brother n lawned, people have no manners when money is up for grabs in these types of events...I've spoke my mind a few times, it won't do any good because you can't fix stupid...Good luck, hope this helps some of you, we've fished 20 or more Sealy tournaments.

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter

Thans for any feedback.

All good advice, I've found the pay ramps to be a more organized launch. Bob at Val's will usually do a good job. Get there super early is the best battle plan... I'm gonna sit this one out, Maxwell is coming from California this Tuesday we're gonna sore mouth the heck out of fish just prior to the big show. That sucker has won 1 and took 2nd in another. Somewhere on the range of $$$ 186,000.00 for just 2 fish. Blows my mind every time I think about it.
You first timers, be safe, tons of people that have zero business being on the water. Keep your head on a swivel, watch the guys behind you, and in front of you. Many a time I've had an idiot cut right in front of our boat path, because they don't look before turning. Or they will shut down fast, in the boat lane, again not looking before they make there move. Be careful, you will get brother n lawned, people have no manners when money is up for grabs in these types of events...I've spoke my mind a few times, it won't do any good because you can't fix stupid...Good luck, hope this helps some of you, we've fished 20 or more Sealy tournaments.

Randy Maxwell is luckier than a dog with two lower units for sure. Great guy and a heck of a stick too!!

Billy, you are so right brother about people doing dumb things on the water. I have seen some very intelligent people do some really stupid things on the water. Just goes to show, there ain't no substitute for good horse sense as my daddy used to say. blush

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 08:25 PM

^^^^ that's good news because many won't fish in the rain and many don't get started until safe light...

I was thinking the same thing thumb
Posted By: pacertom

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/08/16 08:32 PM

Thans for any feedback.

If you dont have a radio in the boat, download the Tunedin Radio app on your phone. KMOO is on there and reception ON the lake is pretty good.
Posted By: EDO

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/11/16 08:10 PM

If you go register Thursday at LFM. Do you have to sign in on Friday or can I just get there crazy early and launch and wait till 6am?
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/11/16 08:29 PM

I'll be crappie fishing,..watching all the boats go zooming from one end to the other,..
fish

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/11/16 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: EDO
If you go register Thursday at LFM. Do you have to sign in on Friday or can I just get there crazy early and launch and wait till 6am?

Once you sign in you are done, you can launch anywhere and you need to listen to the radio 99.9 KMOO, they will tell you when to start and they will have hourly updates.

Good luck and be safe.

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/12/16 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By: JIM SR.
I'll be crappie fishing,..watching all the boats go zooming from one end to the other,..
fish

Zooming ? You mean the drag racing , LOL.

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/12/16 01:09 PM

Too bad all these grass carp, cormarants and white bass have taken over the NW end. And only the NW end. Rest of the lake is great. NW end is DEAD though. thumb

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/12/16 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: PaPa@fork
fish

Zooming ? You mean the drag racing , LOL.

It's actually funny, I watched this tournament for about 10 years, to this day I don't
understand why someone would fish more than a mile from the weigh in,..
hammer
Everyone please be safe,.. fish

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/12/16 07:03 PM

The slots are on fire!! Caught several Small unders yesterday pre-fishing, hopefully some bigger ones show up!and Good luck to everyone fishing the splash this weekend and be extra safe
Posted By: Reds Bass Guide on Sandlin

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/12/16 09:17 PM

Ill be there .. I need a room ? Will pay for your room if you will share. Im asleep at nine, very quite. No smoke or drink. Very serious about fishing. If I'm going I try like hell. Looks like I'm trailering from Sandlin each morning.. wife
Posted By: dlwfish

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/13/16 02:23 AM

There was a post about someone canceling their room and one about a trailer for rent..

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/13/16 11:52 AM

Originally Posted By: dlwfish
There was a post about someone canceling their room and one about a trailer for rent..

Just call around and you will find a room that someone cancelled, try the minnow bucket first.

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/13/16 03:22 PM

I found this, hopes it helps

I just had to cancel my room at the minnow bucket for the Big Bass Splash so if anybody needs a room give them a call.
903-878-2500

E2 Baits www.e2baits.com
River2Sea www.river2seausa.com
Temple Fork Rods www.tforods.com

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Notify Email Post
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/13/16 10:19 PM

I will be there in the Navionics booth, come by and visit for a while.

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/13/16 11:00 PM

Corey, will you be doing updates..?

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/13/16 11:41 PM

PAPA@FORK
I JUST GOT YOUR ROOM.... Thanks so much. Wishing you all the best..

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/14/16 12:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Moved to Sandlin
PAPA@FORK
I JUST GOT YOUR ROOM.... Thanks so much. Wishing you all the best..

It wasn't my room, I just saw the post and was trying to help you out, looks like it worked, I live on fork and if I gave you my room my wife may not understand roflmao

I'm glad you got it, maybe I'll see you there.

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/14/16 12:31 PM

OK I read that again. I could send pics !!! You helped me get a room and and I do appreciate it. hope to see you there..

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/14/16 12:55 PM

OK I read that again. I could send pics !!! You helped me get a room and and I do appreciate it. hope to see you there..

I think a third of your winnings is in order, with me getting the other third for mediating. cheers
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/14/16 02:20 PM

Corey, will you be doing updates..?

No I will not be doing Navionics updates just do to the lack of Internet capabilities, we will have specials going on where you can just buy a whole new updates preloaded card(cards is preloaded with all sealy event lakes with sonar chart layer) for the same $99 that the online update cost.

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/14/16 03:22 PM

I think a third of your winnings is in order, with me getting the other third for mediating. cheers

There's an idea , why didn't I think of that noidea

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/14/16 03:23 PM

I'm seeing a lot of pre fishing going on.

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/14/16 05:47 PM

Any advice / tips ?
Posted By: Battson34

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/14/16 05:51 PM

Tilt trim is out again, so I'm out.

hmmm

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/14/16 06:14 PM

Any advice / tips ?

Keep your head on a swivel. Pretend no one else can see you, because this particular weekend on fork, they probably don't.

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/14/16 07:23 PM

Any advice / tips ?

Keep your head on a swivel. Pretend no one else can see you, because this particular weekend on fork, they probably don't.

True story right there and you will see people fishing from boats you've never seen before. I've seen as many as 5 people fishing out of one boat. Don't count on a lot of them having NAV lights either. It's a anything goes weekend and party city at all the motels. I'm playing golf so good luck to all and please be safe.

bolt
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/15/16 04:01 AM

We are fishing this one. Havent fished it since 2008. The one and only time an angler was killed at a Sealy's tournament. Please be careful. Remember folks, its just fishing...

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/15/16 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Lil' Louie
We are fishing this one. Havent fished it since 2008. The one and only time an angler was killed at a Sealy's tournament. Please be careful. Remember folks, its just fishing...

Your right "it's just fishing " so all of us need to careful, watch out for each other and have a good time...

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/15/16 01:34 PM

slinger
Posted By: dipnetduff

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/15/16 02:05 PM

I'm not able to fish and have a room ar minnow bucket. If you still need one call or text me 940-841-0087
Posted By: dipnetduff

Re: BIG BASS SPLASH @ FORK - 09/15/16 02:14 PM

Anyone that needs a room, I have one for Thursday f.riday and Saturday at the minnow bucket. Works is not letting me fish. Just tryin to help fellow fishermen that might need one. Not looking to make money off it. Just let someone have it for the normal rate. Call or text 940-841-0087. Weldon
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum