Texas Fishing Forum

Revo STX help

Posted By: Costa Plente

Revo STX help - 09/04/16 01:22 PM

I have been buying Revo STXs for ever and have quit afew of them, but don't know if they are Gen 1,2 or 3s. I just bought a new one and I assumed it was a Gen 3 but I was unsure so while I was at Lake Fork last week I took it to two different places that work on reels. One place looked and said it was a Gen 1 and the other couldn't decide between a Gen 2 or 3. I know that I have some older STXs that are heaver and have straight handles which I thought were Gen 1 reels but I am unsure now. I asked both places how to tell the difference between the models and got two different answers. I know that a lot of Revo reels sell on this forum that are said to be Gen 1,2,or 3 and would like to know how they determine what they are selling so that I can identify what I have.
Posted By: David Parker

Re: Revo STX help - 09/04/16 02:51 PM

Heres a 1st gen.STX and a 2nd gen.STX.The 1st gen has the straight handles and magnetic only brake.The 2nd gen. has the swept handle and has the pfluegery magnetic/centrifugal brake.I prefer the gen.1 out of all STX's.Its hard to believe they debuted nearly 10 years ago.

Posted By: K.D.

Re: Revo STX help - 09/04/16 02:56 PM

Since these are reels you already own and aren't buying used, here is a simple method. See the piece inside the star drag?

Gen 1---silver

Gen 2-- gold

Gen 3 --black
Posted By: Costa Plente

Re: Revo STX help - 09/04/16 04:35 PM

From what ya'll are telling me I have all Gen 1 and 2. I picked up a new Gen 2, which, I though was a Gen 3 for 130.00. It was still cheaper than what I paid for my other Gen 2s and it was new in the box. I wasn't lied to by the seller because I didn't ask. Just assumed that it was a Gen 3. You know what they say about making assumptions. I should of asked before I bought.
Posted By: coachmas

Re: Revo STX help - 09/04/16 06:47 PM

Gen 3 spool tension knob is black. They are also a bit smaller and lighter than the gen 1 and 2. I sold all of my gen 1-2 stx to get gen 3 a couple years ago. You can find gen 3 on eBay new for 125-145 most of the time. Coach
Posted By: Texascajun69

Re: Revo STX help - 09/04/16 07:36 PM

Learn something new every day. Thanks for the education
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum