Texas Fishing Forum

Gliss fishing line?

Posted By: skeeter61

Gliss fishing line? - 09/04/16 01:58 AM

I know I have seen posts concerning this line from Academy but can't get any results from seach function. Is this line worth using? Thanks
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Gliss fishing line? - 09/04/16 02:29 AM

No. It doesn't have the break strength advertised. Don't waste your $. Just my opinion.
Posted By: PowPowOl'Son

Re: Gliss fishing line? - 09/04/16 02:59 AM

I've also heard bad things about it.
Posted By: Aggie34

Re: Gliss fishing line? - 09/04/16 04:08 AM

I've heard nothing but bad things until I went with a guide on Lake fork. He was using 40lb with a fluro leader. He was pretty happy with it. It does fray but if you use a fluro leader it won't be a problem. He caught a 7 and a 6 pounder on the trip. Proved itself to me
Posted By: armadillo joe

Re: Gliss fishing line? - 09/04/16 02:28 PM

I have been using it and really lie it I use 40# with a leader and no problems also found needed to use the San Diego cinch not or a double polymer to eliminate not problems.
Posted By: SK1

Re: Gliss fishing line? - 09/04/16 05:39 PM

I too have used this line, especially for deep cranking. Sometimes it fishes okay other times it just breaks for no reason on the cast or not even under a load. I've only used the 12lb which is the diameter of 2lb test and silky smooth, but its not reliable so there for its worthless. They almost got it right.Back to the lab for some tweaking and fine tuning.At first glance and feel it seems to be the next generation of superfine but upon field testing its just not quite there yet.
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: Gliss fishing line? - 09/04/16 06:21 PM

I've used the 24lb without issues other than knot slippage. As armadillo joe posted, the SDJ knot is a must. I do check it for fraying as I've read the issues about that, but not any more than my regular braid.
Posted By: Aggie34

Re: Gliss fishing line? - 09/05/16 12:52 AM

The guide used a surgeons knot but I've done a lot of testing it compared to a fg knot and it's knot nearly as strong as the fg knot
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Gliss fishing line? - 09/05/16 04:23 PM

Tried it and hated it! Breaks way to easy.
Posted By: russb

Re: Gliss fishing line? - 09/05/16 05:10 PM

I've tried it, and like the other guys have said, I hate it. I've noticed that sometimes it overlaps on itself on the spool, and on the very next cast it will snap right where the overlap is. Other than that it cast extremely nicely, but I would only use it with a lure that floats that way you can retrieve the lure when it eventually breaks.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Gliss fishing line? - 09/05/16 06:21 PM

Like any other superline, you should purchase it by diameter, not breaking strength.

It is rated closer to its real strength than most other superlines. Similar to Daiwa Samurai.

I use the 24# for light to ultra light and the 40# for heavier work. Works great and casts really well.

I use the FG knot and Uni-Uni knot when I attach a fluorocarbon leader. I use the FG knot with my micro guide rods.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum