Texas Fishing Forum

Headed to Falcon Friday

Posted By: Brettb4

Headed to Falcon Friday - 09/03/16 05:40 AM

Taking our first trip to falcon next weekend. Going up early friday and will be fishing that afternoon till sunday around noon. I really have been getting into offshore fishing and just want to know if thats what we should key into. Home lake that i normally fish is fayette and want to see if anyone has any tips that would help out. Thanks in advance.

Re: Headed to Falcon Friday - 09/03/16 05:43 AM

The game plan so far is to fish rocks piles off shore with Carolina t rigs drop shots and jigs. Is that right this time of year?
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Headed to Falcon Friday - 09/03/16 06:16 AM

Yes

Re: Headed to Falcon Friday - 09/03/16 06:41 AM

Thanks curt. south end of the lake better after the rain?
Posted By: 361V

Re: Headed to Falcon Friday - 09/03/16 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By: brettb4
The game plan so far is to fish rocks piles off shore with Carolina t rigs drop shots and jigs. Is that right this time of year?
When in doubt ALWAYS swing by Falcon Lake Tackle for some good up to date advise but y'all already are on track. thumb Enjoy!
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Headed to Falcon Friday - 09/03/16 03:58 PM

The biggest fish in the lake are offshore. I truly believe that. But I was down there a few weeks ago and I was catching SOLID fish up shallow on squarebills and flipping flukes. It was stupid easy. So if you want 3-7lbs fish all day long with an occasional giant, go shallow. It didn't matter what color you threw either. You're hitting Falcon at a good time.

Re: Headed to Falcon Friday - 09/03/16 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbass94
The biggest fish in the lake are offshore. I truly believe that. But I was down there a few weeks ago and I was catching SOLID fish up shallow on squarebills and flipping flukes. It was stupid easy. So if you want 3-7lbs fish all day long with an occasional giant, go shallow. It didn't matter what color you threw either. You're hitting Falcon at a good time.

Man I could not be more excited. Will definitely try the square bills as well. Thanks for the advice.

Re: Headed to Falcon Friday - 09/03/16 04:26 PM

We will swing by Falcon Lake Tackle before we hit the water friday to grab our Mexico license if they carry them there. Thanks for the heads up
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Headed to Falcon Friday - 09/03/16 05:15 PM

fish clap post pics when you can. Hope y'all catch a bunch o slaunch donkeys.... +1 on Stop by to get up to date info.... Be safe & Great Catchin

Re: Headed to Falcon Friday - 09/03/16 05:55 PM

Will do. Friday cant come quick enough.
Posted By: Broken Braid Guide Service

Re: Headed to Falcon Friday - 09/03/16 06:47 PM

Fishing is good on falcon right now was out yesterday had 90 fish and best 5 went 30 lbs.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Headed to Falcon Friday - 09/03/16 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: brettb4
Originally Posted By: bigbass94

Man I could not be more excited. Will definitely try the square bills as well. Thanks for the advice.

I forgot to mention, I was flipping mag flukes, not regular flukes. Make sure it has some sort of glitter in it too. good luck and have fun.
Posted By: Space

Re: Headed to Falcon Friday - 09/04/16 01:30 AM

We need a full report when you return/
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum