Texas Fishing Forum

2017 TTBC

Posted By: ChanceHuiet

2017 TTBC - 08/31/16 08:22 PM

So the TTBC is now being merged with Bassfest, which wipes out FLW anglers from fishing it. So now there is no one tournament that pits both tours top competitors against each other. So now how will they still claim it to be the world championship of bass fishing? Personally I don't like this move. I really enjoyed watching and being apart of these events with both the circuits. What are yall opinions on it?
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: 2017 TTBC - 08/31/16 08:37 PM

I agree with you.
Posted By: 200ZX

Re: 2017 TTBC - 08/31/16 09:03 PM

MLF is about it.

BASS is just following the typical business model of trying to eliminate the competition.

I enjoyed watching them both head to head too. Not sure what else is coming down the pipe. Thinking BASS is going to try to get more of the bigger names from FLW and they be only pro civility out there. I hope not.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: 2017 TTBC - 08/31/16 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: 200ZX
Thinking BASS is going to try to get more of the bigger names from FLW and they be only pro civility out there. I hope not.
Sure seems like it the way their schedules are clashing the last few years, don't think its a mistake. I like them merging the events, ever since the PAA folded... the last two years have been kinda a mess.
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: 2017 TTBC - 08/31/16 10:10 PM

I think last year when they moved the event to a non fishing town - Frisco, TX it flopped. Should have stayed at Fork.

I think both Toyota was looking to drop it, and Bass looking to pick it up.

As long as they keep up live score tracking and do MLF style weights, I like it. Also BASS does a way better job about blogging, reporting, covering live events. So if I can't make it in person I will know whats going.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: 2017 TTBC - 08/31/16 10:16 PM

Done
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: 2017 TTBC - 08/31/16 11:11 PM

Initially, I do not like the change....we shall see...
Posted By: Burgerboy

Re: 2017 TTBC - 08/31/16 11:23 PM

It is probably good for our Texas waters, because it ensures survival of the event. But I am sad, that as a new spectator my "All-Star" game has been wiped out.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: 2017 TTBC - 09/01/16 01:18 AM

After the attendance disaster last year you knew something had to change or die.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: 2017 TTBC - 09/01/16 01:57 AM

MLF is about it.

BASS is just following the typical business model of trying to eliminate the competition.

I enjoyed watching them both head to head too. Not sure what else is coming down the pipe. Thinking BASS is going to try to get more of the bigger names from FLW and they be only pro civility out there. I hope not.

Sure seems like that's the case. I know it's just business but I would be willing to bet that 90+% of their fan base wouldn't like that decision. Greed always gets you.
Posted By: T54

Re: 2017 TTBC - 09/01/16 02:06 AM

it should be a really well run event and get a lot of support from the East Texas community. With poor attendance at TTBC at Roberts and Bassfest at Texoma, I think it was time for a change. I am sure the format will change but I don't think this is a bad thing.

Want Elites vs. FLW guys? watch MLF. So many of the greats from FLW have migrated to the Elites recently anyway.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: 2017 TTBC - 09/01/16 04:08 AM

Originally Posted By: the skipper
MLF is about it.

Sure seems like that's the case. I know it's just business but I would be willing to bet that 90+% of their fan base wouldn't like that decision. Greed always gets you.

I agree. When the Elites were formed it was supposed to be the best 100 guys. It's slowly but steadily gown up from there. Like these 2 "Legend" spots next year. To me I fully respect what has been done by those guys but really allowing someone like Roland Martin back in due to history. I don't like it personally. Takes away from the ones that fish the opens just to qualify like Michael Neal has been trying to do. Open up 1 more spot per division if you want new blood that bad. But I'm not a business major, just an outsider with an opinion, and possibly a bad one.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: 2017 TTBC - 09/01/16 11:09 AM

Originally Posted By: LakeForkGroupie
I think last year when they moved the event to a non fishing town - Frisco, TX it flopped. Should have stayed at Fork.

Fork was rained out for the concerts and events, even though the tickets said rain or shine.

It did a slow death roll and come to Frisco and shot itself in the head
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: 2017 TTBC - 09/01/16 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: ChanceHuiet
MLF is about it.

I agree. When the Elites were formed it was supposed to be the best 100 guys. It's slowly but steadily gown up from there. Like these 2 "Legend" spots next year. To me I fully respect what has been done by those guys but really allowing someone like Roland Martin back in due to history. I don't like it personally. Takes away from the ones that fish the opens just to qualify like Michael Neal has been trying to do. Open up 1 more spot per division if you want new blood that bad. But I'm not a business major, just an outsider with an opinion, and possibly a bad one.

Adding those legends is all about marketing. They are big names that most guys have heard of or grew up watching, its a publicity stunt. Granted, im sure those guys can still fish and get info with the best of them
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: 2017 TTBC - 09/01/16 01:50 PM

MLF is about it.

What does the statement "greed always gets you" have to do with anything? Everyone realizes that BASS, FLW and MLF are "for profit" businesses correct? They're not charities.

Secondly, BASS has a vested interest in assisting Toyota as their title partner. No one wants to see this event completely go away as it makes a direct economic impact here in Texas that anglers benefit from. Not to mention it's a great format and good time.

I'm thrilled they were able to keep it alive and appreciate the contribution by Toyota for the last decade. It's in good hands with BASS.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: 2017 TTBC - 09/01/16 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Jones
MLF is about it.

What does the statement "greed always gets you" have to do with anything? Everyone realizes that BASS, FLW and MLF are "for profit" businesses correct? They're not charities.

Secondly, BASS has a vested interest in assisting Toyota as their title partner. No one wants to see this event completely go away as it makes a direct economic impact here in Texas that anglers benefit from. Not to mention it's a great format and good time.

I'm thrilled they were able to keep it alive and appreciate the contribution by Toyota for the last decade. It's in good hands with BASS.

It's not a direct shot at this tournament, just BASS in general. I know it's a for-profit business and I know how they work. Just pointing out that they are getting pretty greedy with scheduling, payouts, etc. That could come back to bite them, it usually does.
Just as a comparison, look at NASCAR. They went away from what got them where they are and their fan base is dropping yearly. I know that's a cliche comparison but it's the one that popped in my head.
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: 2017 TTBC - 09/01/16 08:35 PM

Yeah, I just don't share that sentiment. If you're a for profit business then you do the best you can to maximize profit and there's no shame in that. The notion of you can make a profit but not too much profit is lost on me.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum