Texas Fishing Forum

Boat Captains Needed for High School Team

Posted By: Cullndinks

Boat Captains Needed for High School Team - 08/30/16 01:09 PM

The Whitehouse High School fishing team is experiencing tremendous growth, and we are in need of a couple of boat captains for students that don't have them currently. These are students that have a desire to enjoy the outdoors, and learn to fish in a competitive environment, but don't have a parent or family member with a boat. Their ability to participate in this season's tournaments depends solely on our ability to find qualified boat captains for them that want to offer their time and knowledge of fishing while we introduce them to this competitive sport. We are coming off of a very successful 2015-16 season, highlighted by wins at both the regional and state tournaments, and our new team members are excited to join in this success.

If you are located in or around the Whitehouse area and have an interest in becoming a boat captain, please PM me with your contact information. If you need more information as to the requirements for being a boat captain, please visit Texashighschoolbassassn.com or PM me for more information.

Brad Bookman
Boat Captain/Parent Advisor
Whitehouse High School Fishing Team
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: Boat Captains Needed for High School Team - 08/30/16 07:12 PM

I'm a high school bass club coach.....I've gone on facebook and put out requests.....it worked......
Posted By: Cullndinks

Re: Boat Captains Needed for High School Team - 08/30/16 09:22 PM

Thanks RedSkeeter190. We'll be using all the resources we can. These kids deserve a chance to fish and learn!
Posted By: Weekender1

Re: Boat Captains Needed for High School Team - 08/30/16 11:23 PM

We have several teams this year that need captains. It is hard for the kids to get out and find captains themselves. It has been a true blessing for me for the past 3 years working with Whitehouse High School. I am certain we have some incredible talent coming into the club this year. I have enjoyed teaching boater safety, courtesy, and basically how to act out on the water as well as how to fish. It has been an opportunity for me to give back and help out the younger crowd. I hope each person who reads this will consider volunteering. If not for Whitehouse at least check out your local school and see if they have a club. These High School fishing clubs have grown incredibly each year. It is crazy to think they will be competing with about 700 others this year. Fun all the way around.

Jody
you can contact me as well by PM or email for more info jkea@suddenlink.net
Posted By: C130

Re: Boat Captains Needed for High School Team - 08/30/16 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Weekender
We have several teams this year that need captains. It is hard for the kids to get out and find captains themselves. It has been a true blessing for me for the past 3 years working with Whitehouse High School. I am certain we have some incredible talent coming into the club this year. I have enjoyed teaching boater safety, courtesy, and basically how to act out on the water as well as how to fish. It has been an opportunity for me to give back and help out the younger crowd. I hope each person who reads this will consider volunteering. If not for Whitehouse at least check out your local school and see if they have a club. These High School fishing clubs have grown incredibly each year. It is crazy to think they will be competing with about 700 others this year. Fun all the way around.

Jody
you can contact me as well by PM or email for more info jkea@suddenlink.net

Thanks for volunteering, it's very nice of you to do it an I know the kids appreciate it! This will be my first year being a boat captain and I'll be doing it with my son and another student. We just started a club at Magnolia High School and I'm learning as I go but so far it looks like it's going to be a blast. First meeting was today after school and we had a great turnout.
Posted By: jiggmann

Re: Boat Captains Needed for High School Team - 08/31/16 02:05 AM

300,000 in insurance coverage? I have full coverage but have no idea if it is that much
Posted By: Lake Palestine Guide

Re: Boat Captains Needed for High School Team - 08/31/16 02:28 AM

It's only a few more bucks a month to increase your liability to 300,000. Lots of rule changes this year. I hope this don't hurt the boat captains decision.

Re: Boat Captains Needed for High School Team - 08/31/16 03:17 PM

Good Luck to ya C130 I hope y'all have a great year.

Thanks for being part of this growing group.

Jody

Re: Boat Captains Needed for High School Team - 08/31/16 03:18 PM

Jiggmann, standard coverage on a boat is 100,000.00 I think it cost me $15.00 per year more to go to 300,000.00. This level of insurance has become the normal for most tournament trails.

Thanks

Jody
Posted By: Badbassdad

Re: Boat Captains Needed for High School Team - 08/31/16 04:14 PM

I just purchased 300k for thsba captain on my tr21. it is 60.00 a month with progressive.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Boat Captains Needed for High School Team - 08/31/16 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Badbassdad
I just purchased 300k for thsba captain on my tr21. it is 60.00 a month with progressive.

$60 a month? $720 per year. That's about what I paid State Farm before switching insurance companies. You better look for different insurance. Mine with ACE Recreational Marine Insurance is around $325 a year with $300/K liability. I have a 2012 BassCat Cougar.
Posted By: barryfish

Re: Boat Captains Needed for High School Team - 09/05/16 08:10 PM

I will be a cpt for wills point hs central division
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Boat Captains Needed for High School Team - 09/07/16 02:46 PM

Ronnie Kelly?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum