Texas Fishing Forum

Visiting Rayburn from So Tx

Posted By: TimeToWreckEM

Visiting Rayburn from So Tx - 08/30/16 03:36 AM

I am going to Lufkin this weekend and plan on taking my nephews fishing on Rayburn Friday and Saturday. I have fished Rayburn, but never in the summer... Not looking for GPS coordinates just areas and depths. Looks like I'm going to launch from Etole so north lake. Any help would be appreciated and I fish Falcon a lot so can trade info there.
Posted By: Clark Reehm

Re: Visiting Rayburn from So Tx - 08/30/16 03:54 AM

Just a heads up that there was a recent influx of fresh muddy water that came down the river on Friday that brought a serious amount of salvinia with it that has matted up lots of areas up north. The fish should be acclimated by next weekend, but you never know. You might be better off driving down to the midlake area where the water is more stabilized. The shallow bite on frogs, swimjigs and topwaters has been pretty decent around the haygrass. That would probably be your best option unless you already know some good offshore stuff. A lot of the good offshore holes are pretty barren right now unless your timing is right. Fish are starting to school all over the lake, but it is inconsistent.
Posted By: KenTx1962

Re: Visiting Rayburn from So Tx - 08/30/16 04:04 AM

I have a bunch of Rayburn map videos on my video page as well. Rayburn Mapping Videos
Posted By: TimeToWreckEM

Re: Visiting Rayburn from So Tx - 08/30/16 11:10 PM

Thanks for the info
Posted By: RYAN R

Re: Visiting Rayburn from So Tx - 08/31/16 02:52 AM

Try flipping jigs to cypress trees in stained shallow water.
Posted By: Skeeter443

Re: Visiting Rayburn from So Tx - 08/31/16 04:11 AM

The water is rising and lots of fish are being caught shallow.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum