Texas Fishing Forum

Falcon

Posted By: rowlettfisherman

Falcon - 08/29/16 11:07 PM

Buddy and I would like tot plan a trip to Falcon this spring. When is the normal spawn down there? Also would you recommend for a guide and where to stay?
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Falcon - 08/29/16 11:26 PM

They start early there. Dec to April majority of the spawn depending on our winter. Some later spawning occurs too
Posted By: getbent956

Re: Falcon - 08/30/16 12:50 AM

Definitely get a guide for the 1st day at least. Get an idea how to run the lake which side is the US and Mexico. Have them show you the navigation hazards.
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Falcon - 08/30/16 08:15 AM

Shoot for the middle and try to time it somewhere in the range five days before or after the full moon in February. Been good to me. those two were three years after the real on fire days and we still caught a ton of good fish. A shame you missed out six or so years ago. Have pictures on my digital camera I don't have on my phone that would make a lot of guys just vomit on the spot to catch as many fish of that size that fast. Ol girl is fishing a little tuff right now but still real shot at a fat girl any cast. Numbers are back up but going during the spawn won't have to weed thru the Bucks fishing deep. Just my .02
Posted By: Raul Perez

Re: Falcon - 08/30/16 12:44 PM

PLEASE, Check out BASSMANS LODGING. check out my

Web page--- http://falconlakelodging.wix.com/zapata

Facebook Page--- https://www.facebook.com/falconlakelodging/

I have a great deal for those that stay for a week at my place !
Contact me at 210-232-1755
Posted By: basseditor

Re: Falcon - 08/31/16 02:32 PM

There's no wrong time to go, but some days are better than others. My favorite month is April, but our giants have come in late December and June.

And be sure to stay at Bassman's Lodging. I was there last week. It was a very comfortable place to stay.
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: Falcon - 08/31/16 03:27 PM

If the winds aren't blowing from the North at 30 plus, January and pre-spawn is ideal for your fish of a lifetime, or stringer of a lifetime? My best ever came 2 weeks into January with a 45 lb all in 7 consecutive cast to the same loaded tree, unbelievable!
Posted By: Broken Braid Guide Service

Re: Falcon - 09/03/16 06:50 PM

Fishing is good year around right now. Went out yesterday and had 90 fish best 5 at 30 lbs.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum