Texas Fishing Forum

Spro Tournament

Posted By: redmojo

Spro Tournament - 08/29/16 10:04 PM

Who all is fishing this tournament? Anybody been catching them on a frog?
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Spro Tournament - 08/29/16 11:27 PM

It's all spro lures if you are referring to the fork spro tournament. There's one on guntersville that's frog only
Posted By: Kage

Re: Spro Tournament - 08/29/16 11:37 PM

I'll be fishing it. If you read the rules, it states it is a frog only tournament until you reach the bottom of the "lures" section that says all other spro lures must remain stock. no alteration
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Spro Tournament - 08/29/16 11:41 PM

Perfect example as to why people should always read the rules to ALL tournaments, and not listen to individuals alone.

Re: Spro Tournament - 08/30/16 12:07 AM

I'm very aware that it is ALL Spro lures, I even purchased their top water lure, I was inquiring about the frog bite? Just curious...
Posted By: DevinJoe

Re: Spro Tournament - 08/30/16 12:30 AM

Get out to the lake a day or so early and give it a try. Ya just never know

Re: Spro Tournament - 08/30/16 12:51 AM

lol. Will do, I will be out there plenty early. I forgot I'm not allowed to ask certain questions on here with a tournament coming up. I should know better.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Spro Tournament - 08/30/16 02:48 AM

What is the date of the tournament ? Is it open to guides ?

Re: Spro Tournament - 08/30/16 03:00 AM

It is this Saturday and I will look at that particular rule for you.

Re: Spro Tournament - 08/30/16 03:05 AM

I sent a message to the TD asking. I will say I didn't see any rule stating no guides. Mark Howard of JC Outdoors in the TD.
Posted By: DevinJoe

Re: Spro Tournament - 08/30/16 04:45 AM

The flyers at the host marina (the minnow bucket) say no guides.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Spro Tournament - 08/30/16 11:42 AM

Ok Thanks, I was ready to go frog fishing.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Spro Tournament - 08/30/16 02:19 PM

Frog bite has been slim even in the thick stuff, a few blow ups.. Had better luck with a Buzzbait, I know that don't help.. I been trying the Ribbit floating frog, you can work it slow, or buzz it, either way, not a great response. I am fishing in just one area of the lake, so it could be different say in Williams or Dale, than in Penson where I've been..
That's all I got, good luck out there this weekend, Mark will run a great event... thumb

Re: Spro Tournament - 08/30/16 07:23 PM

Thank you sir, tell Kay the Redmons said hello!

I was hoping it picked up, it has been slow for me all year. Nothing like last year! I caught several overs on Frog's last year but nothing worth while this year.
Posted By: J C Outdoors

Re: Spro Tournament - 08/31/16 03:07 AM

There is still time to register for this event. Be sure and get your entry submitted at www.spro.com between now and Wednesday at midnight.

Thanks
Mark Howard
214-773-5451
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum