Texas Fishing Forum

Ulterra bracket question

Posted By: T 4 FISH

Ulterra bracket question - 08/28/16 05:19 PM

Does anyone know where I can find that sliding bracket for a ultera? I saw a video of one that will slide forward when you use it but slides back so it doesn't hit the boat trailer when you're loading up. It would also help when putting on the cover. I have been looking on line with no luck. Thanks
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Ulterra bracket question - 08/28/16 05:26 PM

This one?

Trolling motor mount
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Ulterra bracket question - 08/28/16 06:36 PM

The only one I've seen was for a terrova. I don't know if that's any different but everything I saw on it said you have to get it from a skeeter dealership. It was the one that slides.
Posted By: Jobucko

Re: Ulterra bracket question - 08/28/16 06:44 PM

I think you want the Minn Kota MKA-47
Here is a link describing it: https://www.trollingmotors.net/products/minn-kota-universal-mounting-bracket

Re: Ulterra bracket question - 08/28/16 07:47 PM

Thanks guys.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Ulterra bracket question - 08/28/16 08:10 PM

Blue Nitro on here makes one that is better than the sliding one. I am getting one from him this winter when I have time to work on the boat.
The Mnn Kota MKA47 doesn't work on an Ulterra.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Ulterra bracket question - 08/28/16 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: 9094
Blue Nitro on here makes one that is better than the sliding one. I am getting one from him this winter when I have time to work on the boat.

The link I posted above is to Blue Nitro's mount....

Re: Ulterra bracket question - 08/29/16 06:30 PM

According to MinnKota Customer service today the MKA-47 will fit the Ulterra.

Re: Ulterra bracket question - 08/30/16 12:42 AM

Thanks Jobuko, it's on the way.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Ulterra bracket question - 08/30/16 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Jobucko

It will bolt on it but the slide mechanism will not work. Trust me who ever you ta all ked with at Minn Kota is wrong.
I have one and it will not work, the ulterra base is wider than the terrova and the by thumb nut used to secure it in the slide forward or deploy postion will not fit because the motors plastic base covers the hole.
I get my motors from minnkota on a staff deal and can assure you they know about this.
Posted By: BassBucknBeer

Re: Ulterra bracket question - 08/30/16 12:45 PM

It will bolt on it but the slide mechanism will not work. Trust me who ever you ta all ked with at Minn Kota is wrong.
I have one and it will not work, the ulterra base is wider than the terrova and the by thumb nut us
ed to secure it in the slide forward or deploy postion will not fit because the motors plastic base covers the
hole.

I get my motors from minnkota on a staff deal and can assure you they know about this.

My MKA-47 fits and slides fine with my ulterra

Re: Ulterra bracket question - 08/30/16 12:58 PM

And it moved forward

Re: Ulterra bracket question - 08/30/16 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: BassBucknBeer
And it moved forward

BassBucknBeer,
Have you found the need for a Trolling Motor stabilizer to keep the head/shaft of your Ulterra from bouncing too much while stowed? I had to add one to my Terrova.
Posted By: Kelleys Lake Fork Cottage B&B

Re: Ulterra bracket question - 08/30/16 01:13 PM

I also have one on my rig. It will work mka47

Re: Ulterra bracket question - 08/30/16 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: BassBucknBeer
And it moved forward

BassBucknBeer,
Have you found the need for a Trolling Motor stabilizer to keep the head/shaft of your Ulterra from bouncing too much while stowed? I had to add one to my Terrova.

I thought about adding something to keep it from bouncing, but it's really not that bad. I've had it on for 2 yrs now and havent had a problem and I've beat on it pretty good.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum