Texas Fishing Forum

Striking out often

Posted By: YAKaddict

Striking out often - 08/28/16 03:00 PM

Worst fishing year ever known to man. Confidence is at a all time low then subtract 10 from that. Last year was amazing but starting around spawn this year things came to a screeching halt
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Striking out often - 08/28/16 03:01 PM

It's been tough for me, but probably not the worst ever. Where are you fishing?
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Striking out often - 08/28/16 03:08 PM

I've found as my confidence in the spinning gear increases, my zeros decrease. Yesterday was tough and I was working on a zero. Went and drop shot around a bridge and had my first fish a short time later..
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Striking out often - 08/28/16 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: YAKaddict
Worst fishing year ever known to man. Confidence is at a all time low then subtract 10 from that. Last year was amazing but starting around spawn this year things came to a screeching halt

Different lakes, different methods, different depths.
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Striking out often - 08/29/16 02:06 PM

Best thing you can do when in a slump is just keep fishing. Climb your way out of it.
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Striking out often - 08/29/16 02:13 PM

Senkos and swimjigs bro. Senkos and swimjigs.
Posted By: Motomax

Re: Striking out often - 08/29/16 04:48 PM

You sound just like me. I was right there with you until last weekend. I finally broke out of it I think... (knock on wood)I read this book High Percentage Fishing by Josh Alwine. It was a good refresher on some things. After reading it I went back to the basics and applied some things I learned too. Majority of the time I threw a black and blue flake Senko. They were getting after them. If possible try and go on the weekday preferably Tuesday - Thursday less pressure. Also, slow down and get there early and stay late.. Hang in there bud you'll get through it.
Posted By: Rockie Martin

Re: Striking out often - 08/29/16 05:13 PM

Its been a weird year with high water etc....Just wait for fall, it should be good plus come next pre spawn and spawn should be awesome....
Posted By: Texascajun69

Re: Striking out often - 08/29/16 07:02 PM

I will give you the advice I don't follow- Learn to use your electronics. And go back to basics. Go back to basic lures, basic colors, and don't be scared to try something off the wall. Fish have to eat, you just have to figure out when and where.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Striking out often - 08/29/16 09:52 PM

Shade, shade and more shade. Bridges, standing timber, docks and marinas all good places to get bite.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Striking out often - 08/29/16 10:24 PM

A year or two ago, I had the same slump. The solid months, fishing on average, 3 days per week and not one fish. Finally something clicked and I have not had one day since that I can remember not catching fish. I may not get a big one but I know that I will get a couple on any given day.

Stick with it
Posted By: YAKaddict

Re: Striking out often - 08/30/16 06:04 AM

Thanks for the advice fellas. Im putting all your suggestions to use at the same time and praying for the best
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Striking out often - 08/30/16 11:51 AM

Glad to hear you found the book useful! thumb
Posted By: RHP

Re: Striking out often - 08/30/16 07:30 PM

Put your change in your right pocket and your keys in your left pocket.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Striking out often - 08/30/16 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: RHP
Put your change in your right pocket and your keys in your left pocket.

Tie your shoe in a double-knot & stick a golf tee behind your ear.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Striking out often - 08/30/16 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Rhino68W
Senkos and swimjigs bro. Senkos and swimjigs.

go early, go froggy then get jiggy with it cheers peep
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Striking out often - 08/30/16 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Rockie Martin

Its been a weird year with high water etc....Just wait for fall, it should be good plus come next pre spawn and spawn should be awesome....
Posted By: JoeyC

Re: Striking out often - 08/30/16 09:16 PM

When the bite got tough for me I just went to drop shot and shaky head.
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Striking out often - 08/31/16 02:59 AM

Drop shot ....and Drop shot .
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum