Texas Fishing Forum

Rumor - Mark / Barbra Stevenson

Posted By: papamark

Rumor - Mark / Barbra Stevenson - 08/27/16 01:45 PM

To clear things up, there seems to be a rumor that Mark and Barbra Stevenson have retired from Guiding

This is not true, I just talked to Barbra and she would like this to end.

thanks for reading
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Rumor - Mark / Barbra Stevenson - 08/27/16 01:50 PM

Mark gave his usual lake report on Texas Fishing and Outdoors this morning.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Rumor - Mark / Barbra Stevenson - 08/27/16 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Mark gave his usual lake report on Texas Fishing and Outdoors this morning.
Yep, I pass the time every sat/sun shift morning driving from Glen Rose to Arlington listening to TF&O. He was on this morning and she reports on there more than him as soon as a week or two ago. They give their numbers after their report so I'm going with "FALSE".
Posted By: 89javelin100

Re: Rumor - Mark / Barbra Stevenson - 08/27/16 04:28 PM

Where can one find this channel/station?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Rumor - Mark / Barbra Stevenson - 08/27/16 04:45 PM

1080AM every Saturday and Sunday morning at around 5ish
Posted By: dragonsdaddy

Re: Rumor - Mark / Barbra Stevenson - 08/27/16 08:59 PM

you can listen online the full 2 hours on 1370 out of austin
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Rumor - Mark / Barbra Stevenson - 08/27/16 10:20 PM

I learned a lot about fishing from Mark back in the late 80's... He taught me how to read maps, jig fish and how to fish creek channels... Actually both he and Ronnie Byrd
Posted By: Pumadon

Re: Rumor - Mark / Barbra Stevenson - 08/28/16 12:12 AM

My wife's first guide trip was with Barbara in the early 90's. Her first bass ever was in the back of little mustang. Good memories.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Rumor - Mark / Barbra Stevenson - 08/28/16 02:36 AM

5 AM,...oh my, sleep
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Rumor - Mark / Barbra Stevenson - 08/28/16 03:37 AM

Originally Posted By: JIM SR.

5 AM,...oh my, sleep
confused Listened to the show many a time on the way to the lake or lease, that time of day is their core audience.
Posted By: shiv

Re: Rumor - Mark / Barbra Stevenson - 09/01/16 01:06 AM

Fished with Barbara years ago. Fine guide.
Posted By: BC Guide

Re: Rumor - Mark / Barbra Stevenson - 10/03/16 04:11 PM

Thank you papamark for the post. Don't understand why people start these rumors without checking them out first. We have no reason and no plans to retire from what we love to do. Thanks for the positive posts folks. I think some people just have way to much time on their hands and really like getting in other peoples business. I can say more, but refuse to put myself on the same level as these people. Smile, life is good. And if you get to go fishing, life is even better! Hey papamark, we need to make a golfing date this month!
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: Rumor - Mark / Barbra Stevenson - 10/03/16 05:23 PM

I like to golf! rockon
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Rumor - Mark / Barbra Stevenson - 10/03/16 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: BC Guide
Thank you papamark for the post. Don't understand why people start these rumors without checking them out first. We have no reason and no plans to retire from what we love to do. Thanks for the positive posts folks. I think some people just have way to much time on their hands and really like getting in other peoples business. I can say more, but refuse to put myself on the same level as these people. Smile, life is good. And if you get to go fishing, life is even better! Hey papamark, we need to make a golfing date this month!

PaPa Mark golfs??? I would pay to see this. LOL

Good people glad to hear that Mark and Barbra are still guiding and doing what they love. I have never been with either one of these to fine people. I will say they have a great reputation around the lake.
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Rumor - Mark / Barbra Stevenson - 10/03/16 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike Keenan
I learned a lot about fishing from Mark back in the late 80's... He taught me how to read maps, jig fish and how to fish creek channels... Actually both he and Ronnie Byrd

My first guide trip ever was with Mark. Then my next five or so was with Ronnie Byrd. Had a blast with him during that time. He was a hoot and a great angler and hated it when he decided to quit guiding.
Posted By: FishVibesTv

Re: Rumor - Mark / Barbra Stevenson - 10/03/16 09:28 PM

I'm fishing the Jc Outdoors fall teams with him this year, Very nice Man thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum