Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Speaking of big fish - 08/26/16 04:01 PM

I was told this is what happened to the lake Biwa world record

Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Speaking of big fish - 08/26/16 04:06 PM

I figured it was eaten. All bass must be kept there
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Speaking of big fish - 08/26/16 04:08 PM

All bass must not only be kept there but they must be killed, not returned to the lake.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Speaking of big fish - 08/26/16 04:37 PM

Now that I can see the photo, it's being skinned out for taxidermy.
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: Speaking of big fish - 08/26/16 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Now that I can see the photo, it's being skinned out for taxidermy.

Yup...skin mount.....and a whole bunch of East Texas rolls (sushi)
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Speaking of big fish - 08/26/16 05:25 PM

You would think if Manabu were trying to hide his identity in this picture he would have also blurred out the blond hair. Of course who knows I'm from a small town, maybe I'm stereotyping by saying there are not a lot of blonde haired Asians...
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Speaking of big fish - 08/26/16 05:31 PM

You can tell from the markings it is infact the same fish. Where did you come up with those pictures?

Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Speaking of big fish - 08/26/16 06:42 PM

that's just so wrong , in so many ways . Sad that a true beast would come down to that ending . Imagine that thing in a BPS tank somewhere swimming around ---- you would have to line up just to get a peak .
I also heard he knows of bass in Biwa that are bigger than that one .
tight lines ,
Robb
Posted By: Jaredk

Re: Speaking of big fish - 08/26/16 07:11 PM

Why is it wrong?
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Speaking of big fish - 08/26/16 07:21 PM

^^^ exactly- why is it "wrong"?? they are ILLEGAL in Japan so he COULDN'T LET IT GO OR KEEP IT ALIVE. he decided to use a skin mount because of that.

we do the same here with- snakeheads, gar, common carp, tilapia, white carp, silver carp, white bass(on Fork they are hated), bowfin, etc.

Fish are there(or planted there illegally) for our pleasure to take as a gamefish and are regulated and supported as such. I could say more but won't...
Posted By: nate king

Re: Speaking of big fish - 08/27/16 04:35 AM

Originally Posted By: bassmanrudy
^^^ exactly- why is it "wrong"?? they are ILLEGAL in Japan so he COULDN'T LET IT GO OR KEEP IT ALIVE. he decided to use a skin mount because of that.

we do the same here with- snakeheads, gar, common carp, tilapia, white carp, silver carp, white bass(on Fork they are hated), bowfin, etc.

Fish are there(or planted there illegally) for our pleasure to take as a gamefish and are regulated and supported as such. I could say more but won't...

Makes me hungry
Posted By: Ricky Taylor

Re: Speaking of big fish - 08/27/16 05:07 AM

Originally Posted By: 1oldbassguy
that's just so wrong , in so many ways . Sad that a true beast would come down to that ending . Imagine that thing in a BPS tank somewhere swimming around ---- you would have to line up just to get a peak .
I also heard he knows of bass in Biwa that are bigger than that one .
tight lines ,
Robb

Yea lets go pick it up in Japan and bring it over here to just let it swim around in a tank.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum