Texas Fishing Forum

Alabama Rigs

Posted By: abnaki54

Alabama Rigs - 08/26/16 12:27 PM

I've never tried an A-Rig before, and from reviews on some of the Rigs for sale they don't hold up. Love to get feedback from ya on a good rigs. It's tough to drop $20+ on a bait and have it break after one Fish. Any help much appreciated.
Posted By: GarySHO

Re: Alabama Rigs - 08/26/16 12:30 PM

Sand bass are h3ll on them for sure. Hog farmer is the toughest I have found.
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Alabama Rigs - 08/26/16 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: abnaki54
I've never tried an A-Rig before, and from reviews on some of the Rigs for sale they don't hold up. Love to get feedback from ya on a good rigs. It's tough to drop $20+ on a bait and have it break after one Fish. Any help much appreciated.

Flash mob Jr is pretty legit.
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: Alabama Rigs - 08/26/16 12:51 PM

I've used a lot of different rigs. There is a guy on here that makes the most durable I've used. Think he goes by ron1.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Alabama Rigs - 08/26/16 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris Borden
I've used a lot of different rigs. There is a guy on here that makes the most durable I've used. Think he goes by ron1.
So now the truth really comes out?

Re: Alabama Rigs - 08/26/16 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: David Welcher
So now the truth really comes out?

About?

Re: Alabama Rigs - 08/26/16 01:22 PM

Don't own an arig. I learned how to fish!

Re: Alabama Rigs - 08/26/16 01:24 PM

Ha I've used a lot of different brands though.
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: Alabama Rigs - 08/26/16 01:42 PM

go to www.proluresonline.com and make you own......saves a ton of $...plus...you get exactly what you want....

Re: Alabama Rigs - 08/26/16 01:58 PM

Biggest Fish I ever caught in a tournament came on a Alabama Rig (8.98lbs pic below)
Flash Mob Jr, War Eagle 1/8" jig heads, and Double ZZ sway back swimmers, on 65lb braid on a cheap Diawa - heavy duty casting rodTDT701MHXB

The 65# braid will allow you to just straighten out the hook and get the bait back
and the most awesome thing about the A-rig, when they hit it, they smash it.

Re: Alabama Rigs - 08/26/16 02:01 PM

Thanks ya'll for the info, already know how to fish David, just wanted to try something different. RedSkeeter190 I will check out that website.

Re: Alabama Rigs - 08/26/16 02:12 PM

Awesome fish, I haven't hit the 9# mark yet. Thanks for the info.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Alabama Rigs - 08/26/16 05:44 PM

Picasso School-E-Rig

The sturdiest one I've found is this one right here. It's lasted through a lot of fish and has held up great! I also like how this rig always stays upright too.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum