Texas Fishing Forum

The monster has arrived

Posted By: Thecrankster

The monster has arrived - 08/25/16 03:38 AM

Me and my son are going to make our own lures and fishing rods(This wI'll cone later)....Are we crazy or smart? I found Jig/Spinner bait making materials online someone is selling and bartered with them...Now I'm doing this to give me and him something to do together when not fishing
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: The monster has arrived - 08/25/16 04:02 AM

Smart. I've thought about doing the same thing. Would be a good hobby.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: The monster has arrived - 08/25/16 11:58 AM

Sounds fun on the days you two cannot be fishing. Just remember, absolutely nothing beats time on the water for getting better.

Re: The monster has arrived - 08/25/16 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Sounds fun on the days you two cannot be fishing. Just remember, absolutely nothing beats time on the water for getting better.

Can't agree more found a 18 acre lake he can fish everyday after school...He has a friend who drives and loves to bass fish Lake is 10 min from his school...
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: The monster has arrived - 08/25/16 01:23 PM

I think if you are going to make your own lures for retail, it is imperative to only make them out of the upmost quality material. Don't sacrifice with cheap hardware. JMO
Posted By: 96speed

Re: The monster has arrived - 08/25/16 05:02 PM

I make some of my own because i prefer certain baits in hooks/colors that aren't available any more, but it would be much cheaper to buy them if I could. I enjoy tinkering so if that's your thing then go for it. Be careful with lead. I use latex gloves, respirator, eyewear, and a fan. I only work outside and make sure to wash my hands immediately after I come inside.

And I agree with the above ^^^ Don't waste time with garbage hooks. Its kind of painful buying good hooks in 50-100 packs, but worth it in the long run.

Re: The monster has arrived - 08/25/16 05:45 PM

Just mine and his and high school bass teams use...No Retail
Posted By: topwater sniper

Re: The monster has arrived - 08/25/16 08:48 PM

That first fish you catch on a lure you made yourself is guaranteed to put a smile on your face! :-)
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum