Texas Fishing Forum

If I lose

Posted By: Thecrankster

If I lose - 08/24/16 01:00 AM

My son came up with a idea...whoever loses the weekly casting contests between me and him gets to pick the lure the other person fishes with the next week..I can't lose I see a 24" pink worm in my future if I do...But I see a hook less top water in his so he sees the fish hit but can't set the hook lol
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: If I lose - 08/24/16 12:14 PM

OMG the topwater thing would be BRUTAL... almost nothing better than seeing a fish SMASH a topwater but then to NOT have the capability to hook it?!?! Don't know what game ya'll play but I DON'T WANNA JOIN!! lol!! :-)
Posted By: BigBassB

Re: If I lose - 08/24/16 02:13 PM

I like it! Competition always helps progression. Although you might just find you like using that worm....lol. Good luck Dad!
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: If I lose - 08/24/16 02:24 PM

Hope your practicing. Told my sons once long ago that they would never beat me at anything - EVER!!! Got live up to it man, you represent all of us DADS! argue
Posted By: Bryan O'

Re: If I lose - 08/24/16 02:42 PM

Son and I have always messed with each other when fishing. Soon as we get home throw your used plastic in the other's trolling motor tray. Ever tried to land a fish while someone tickles you? I started long ago backing off the drag on his reels when he wasn't looking. He does it to me as well. Set the hook flipping bushes the other day and didn't move the fish. Cranked like heck - nothing! 4 pounder jumps and spits jig. He cracked up! Payback will be h*ll. Just got to remember to reset everything before a tournament. That wouldn't be cool.
Posted By: H2O.crank

Re: If I lose - 08/25/16 05:31 PM

I love reading these stories. My son moved 8 hours away from me to go to school. I tell you, I would do anything to have him back in the boat with me every weekend. Some of my best times in life. Who knows maybe I will get a grandson some day and we all three get to have a blast.

Re: If I lose - 08/25/16 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: H2O.crank
I love reading these stories. My son moved 8 hours away from me to go to school. I tell you, I would do anything to have him back in the boat with me every weekend. Some of my best times in life. Who knows maybe I will get a grandson some day and we all three get to have a blast.

Take some of these high school kids needing rides fishing Heck u don't like them drop them off to mama lol
Posted By: H2O.crank

Re: If I lose - 08/25/16 05:48 PM

I was asked to be a boat captain for the local high school. It is going to be a all girl team with very little experience. It should keep me very busy. I hope they learn a lot, but even better I hope they whoop some of those boys. lol

Re: If I lose - 08/25/16 06:55 PM

Pink barbie poles in those boys futures
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum