Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Worth "Restricted Area" recording

Posted By: buda13

Lake Worth "Restricted Area" recording - 08/22/16 03:59 PM

Is anyone aware of a new off limits at Worth? From the last point on the right headed to the dam all the way to the buoyed off area at the dam now triggers a loud speaker recording that states "you have entered a restricted area, law enforcement has been notified, if you continue on measures will be taken" or something to that affect. I continued fishing, no law enforcement or or mortar rounds were launched. The recording comes on about every 3 minutes from a loud speaker on the dam. I am fully aware of the buoyed off areas that are off limits on Lake Worth, the area in question has never been restricted and it not marked as such in any way shape or form. Is this a scare tactic or is the base going to restrict that entire side of the lake from the runway to the dam? Anyone have inside info on this?
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Lake Worth "Restricted Area" recording - 08/22/16 04:08 PM

Just go do donuts inside the buoys with your middle finger up and let us know of they ever show up.
Posted By: Marooned

Re: Lake Worth "Restricted Area" recording - 08/22/16 05:09 PM

I fish Worth regularly, so I'm glad to have a "heads up" on it. I have never heard of this. I always respect the buoyed areas, but have not heard of this situation. Must admit it would kind of shake a fellow up to hear this loud speaker announcement!
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Lake Worth "Restricted Area" recording - 08/22/16 05:15 PM

Does that area include the reeds?
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Lake Worth "Restricted Area" recording - 08/22/16 05:22 PM

not the reeds bang peep

Re: Lake Worth "Restricted Area" recording - 08/22/16 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Brent S
Does that area include the reeds?

Yes... all of them.

Re: Lake Worth "Restricted Area" recording - 08/22/16 05:46 PM

Highlighted section is the area in question.

Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: Lake Worth "Restricted Area" recording - 08/22/16 06:01 PM

I heard if you get close into those areas the MPs start chunking 1oz rattletraps at you then get on the TFF and lie about you crossing their fishing lines! LOL
Posted By: Dax Davis

Re: Lake Worth "Restricted Area" recording - 08/22/16 07:22 PM

It's just Hilary Clinton she is against fisherman also! Lol
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Lake Worth "Restricted Area" recording - 08/22/16 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Dax Davis
It's just Hilary Clinton she is against fisherman also! Lol

He said he heard a loud voice...not screeching that made him want to stick an icepick through each of his eardrums.
Posted By: txbassman2019

Re: Lake Worth "Restricted Area" recording - 08/22/16 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Rhino68W
Just go do donuts inside the buoys with your middle finger up and let us know of they ever show up.

HAHA roflmao
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Lake Worth "Restricted Area" recording - 08/22/16 08:02 PM

That's new to me
Posted By: Mikeyb_23

Re: Lake Worth "Restricted Area" recording - 08/22/16 08:27 PM

I heard it the other day while out there. I just figured it was someone on foot over by the dam. I was in that cove on the right at the top of that picture. I was the only boat over by the dam.
Posted By: Matt Wilson

Re: Lake Worth "Restricted Area" recording - 08/23/16 12:51 AM

Had this happen numerous times. No law enforcement ever showed. I don't think it's a big deal, I could be wrong.
Posted By: B.Estes

Re: Lake Worth "Restricted Area" recording - 08/23/16 01:40 AM

It is just a standardized recording the play on a loop.
This was done because the buoys do not reach all the way across the lake, and a boat is able to go beside the bouys, and access the reeds near the dam. This is a result of the lake level being higher than normal, the last couple of years.
This does not include the reeds everyone has always fished. If you don't cross the imaginary line of the buoys, you're in good shape.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum