Texas Fishing Forum

Newbie question

Posted By: Thecrankster

Newbie question - 08/17/16 02:30 AM

My son and I just started bass fishing...My son joined his high school fishing team he's super excited...I want to suprise him with some lures and soft plastics but I can't afford much at all but is there a place you can buy like stuff people don't use
Posted By: BigBassB

Re: Newbie question - 08/17/16 03:01 AM

I would be willing to send you some extra baits I have laying around. Was just going through my lures the other day and have a bunch that are brand new that I just don't use. If interested PM me your address and I'll put together a box for you. Would love for them to go to someone that actually needs them.
Posted By: catch-n-release

Re: Newbie question - 08/17/16 03:19 AM

I will do the same. I have a lot of crank baits I just don't use anymore on the lake I fish. shoot me a pm with your address.

Re: Newbie question - 08/17/16 03:27 AM

He's a great kid his mom my wife was just diagnosed with cancer and I'm trying to keep his mind on positive things right now so anything I can do to give him hope and encouragement I'll do it
Posted By: nxt

Re: Newbie question - 08/17/16 03:42 AM

I'm in. Send me a PM. I will send him some plastics(worms, craws, brushhog, etc)
Posted By: nxt

Re: Newbie question - 08/17/16 03:45 AM

I'm in. Send me a PM. I will send him some plastics(worms, craws, brushhog, etc)

Re: Newbie question - 08/17/16 03:52 AM

Guys I appreciate it didn't expect this...We were bank fishing the other day and he caught a 4 lber and I think you could hear him across the lake But crazy thing was he said Dad I think there is a fish right there and there was a 4 lber lol He has me drop him off at Grapevine everyday all day and calls me when he catches 5 from the bank getting ready for High School bass fishing
Posted By: toddfish

Re: Newbie question - 08/17/16 03:57 AM

Well, count me in. PM me also and I'll get a package together.
Posted By: BigBassB

Re: Newbie question - 08/17/16 01:07 PM

Great to see all the support on here! Keep us posted on how he is progressing.
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: Newbie question - 08/17/16 01:24 PM

send me a PM as well
I can fix y'all up good.
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: Newbie question - 08/17/16 01:29 PM

Pm me.
Kick'n Bass is in.
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: Newbie question - 08/17/16 01:58 PM

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU GUY'S! this is one reason I read TFF.
Posted By: Newly Retired

Re: Newbie question - 08/17/16 01:58 PM

PM me; you must be close to Grapevine and so am I. I can bring to you some good stuff.
Posted By: JC Skeeter

Re: Newbie question - 08/17/16 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Thecrankster
My son and I just started bass fishing...My son joined his high school fishing team he's super excited...I want to suprise him with some lures and soft plastics but I can't afford much at all but is there a place you can buy like stuff people don't use

Shoot me a pm with your information, I have some baits, both soft plastics and various cranking, that I can send you. Just need to know where.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Newbie question - 08/17/16 02:13 PM

Send me your address amigo...

I have a TON of stuff brand new in the box I dont use and never will... good stuff too not junk. Just not my style.

Re: Newbie question - 08/17/16 02:50 PM

Thank you guys I think this will be plenty to get him going...Thank you

Re: Newbie question - 08/17/16 02:54 PM

Oh No!!! You can NEVER have enough tackle! roflmao
Like a woman with shoes!!!
Posted By: Mike_Soriano™

Re: Newbie question - 08/17/16 03:45 PM

This forum never disappoints. The willingness to help others always impresses me. Kudos fellas. thumb cheers
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Newbie question - 08/17/16 05:14 PM

woot This is awesome...if he needs more send me your info and I will get him some out as well!
Posted By: Cast

Re: Newbie question - 08/17/16 05:19 PM

Great work TFF!

If by chance these loonies don't load you up with WAY more stuff than you need, find me. I got more.
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: Newbie question - 08/17/16 06:37 PM

What part of town you in? I have some baits and gift card to BPS and we can meet up

Re: Newbie question - 08/26/16 01:19 PM

Got the first packet sent out. Will get another together to be sent.
banana
Posted By: Nathan_Flovin

Re: Newbie question - 08/26/16 05:55 PM

PM me I'm only 14 but I have lots of stuff I would be willing to share with him I'll put something together for him.
Posted By: Cmill23

Re: Newbie question - 08/26/16 06:16 PM

I'm down to donate as well, PM if and when he could use some more. And F cancer
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: Newbie question - 08/26/16 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: harvey walker
GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU GUY'S! this is one reason I read TFF.

Yep, nice to see some Good these days! Beats the heck out of the news I see these days on the television.
Posted By: IKELEVI

Re: Newbie question - 08/27/16 12:33 AM

Would love to help out. Let me know.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Newbie question - 08/27/16 01:50 AM

Sounds like you've got lots of lures heading your way.
Please PM me if you need any spools of line, hooks, or weights. I've got some unopened spools of Berkley Big Game and lots of new packages of hooks and weights I would be happy to send also.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum