Texas Fishing Forum

Phoenix Boat- 2 Guys Marine Del Rio

Posted By: getbent956

Phoenix Boat- 2 Guys Marine Del Rio - 08/16/16 05:58 PM

Looking to get me a nice 18-19 bass boat. Looking at Ranger, Bass Cat, and Phoenix. Trying to keep it local to me (3hr drive) I am in Laredo, Tx currently. Anyway closest dealer is 2 Guy Marine in Del Rio. I'm curious how there service is after a sale. I like how Phoenix includes all the nice upgrades as standard. This is mostly an inquiry about the dealer. I had sent them 2 emails but no one responded, so I finally called and found out the guy I emailed no longer worked there, so I am willing to give them a shot at my business. The dealer and service is more important to me then the brand to a point. So far I am impressed with Austin Boat and Motor for my Ranger if I decide to go that route, but I really want to invest time in the other 2 brands before I make the journey to Austin.
Posted By: ShawnT

Re: Phoenix Boat- 2 Guys Marine Del Rio - 08/16/16 06:10 PM

Although they dont carry the brands you're looking for, Boerne Marine is pretty hard to beat when it comes to customer service.
Dont know any other dealerships that are actually willing to meet or deliver your boat to you. They are roughly 3 hours from you.
www.boernemarine.com

Re: Phoenix Boat- 2 Guys Marine Del Rio - 08/16/16 06:50 PM

Thanks Shawn. I don't know why but I am hesitant about Skeeter. My buddy has one and it has given him a few problems. I may look a little more into them.

Going back to skeeter- can you order a center console instead of the seat? They won't let you pick your colors anymore either right? I think going back I remember why I ruled them out. Maybe I am wrong? Either way if I am spending over $30k on anything I better be able to get what I want like the other brands I mentioned.
Posted By: Gary D

Re: Phoenix Boat- 2 Guys Marine Del Rio - 08/16/16 07:31 PM

Ive done business with 2 guys over the last 15 yrs. They are a top notch bunch in my opinion.
Posted By: Troyz

Re: Phoenix Boat- 2 Guys Marine Del Rio - 08/16/16 07:54 PM

Had service done a couple of times when I down there fishing. One time I needed a new lower unit, they stayed way past closing time to finish rebuilding one so they could put it on my boat. Did not charge any extra for staying overtime either. (maybe a smart move on their part,lol, the tip was probably bigger than the ot charge would have been.)
Posted By: basseditor

Re: Phoenix Boat- 2 Guys Marine Del Rio - 08/16/16 08:31 PM

I take my Phoenix there when I need service/maintenance . They have been very good to me even though I bought my boat elsewhere. And I live near Austin, so it's a ways away too.

Re: Phoenix Boat- 2 Guys Marine Del Rio - 08/16/16 08:36 PM

Good to know. Looks like it will be them for Phoenix if I go that route. I will feel bad about not giving business to Austin Boat and motors though. Erik has been pretty good, but man I like the Phoenix 618pro and I can hang a 175 on it.
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: Phoenix Boat- 2 Guys Marine Del Rio - 08/16/16 08:46 PM

My new Phoenix will be here any day now. I looked at and rode in all the same boats you did. I'm very happy with my choice. I'll tell you this. I'm in sales so shopping for the best deal is important to me. I called 6 places that deal sell Phoenix boats and Fain at Fun n Sun in Hurst SMOKED all the other offers I had. They not only beat them on the price of the boat, but they beat them on the price of the exteneded warranties. I believe in service after the sell, but it might be worth the drive to dallas area to save thousands possibly.
Posted By: fwfisher

Re: Phoenix Boat- 2 Guys Marine Del Rio - 08/16/16 11:16 PM

I've never dealt with them but did fish with one of the "2 guys" in a tournament last year and he was super nice. Outside of that, I've heard good things about their operation.

Re: Phoenix Boat- 2 Guys Marine Del Rio - 08/17/16 12:21 AM

Thanks. I'm currently talking with Bink. It's gonna come down to price and options between the z518 and 618. Phoenix to me has the slight advantage with the bigger horsepower and their standard options. I also don't like the fiberglass trailer on the Ranger, I would rather pay for other upgrades to the boat. Anyway I appreciate yalls honesty on 2 guys and hopefully in a few months I will be chasing spawning bass. For now it's me and my Hobie Kayak which does pretty good.
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Phoenix Boat- 2 Guys Marine Del Rio - 08/17/16 01:02 AM

10X on 2 guys. They go above and beyond.
Posted By: ldmtsu

Re: Phoenix Boat- 2 Guys Marine Del Rio - 08/17/16 02:53 AM

I don't have a Phoenix (I may my next boat) but have a 2014 Nitro/Mercury and Two Guys did my last annual maintenance and will do all future work as well. I was very satisfied, and they have also did some trailer brake work for me. Two Guys is the only place that I have used that actually gave me the old impeller, spark plugs, filter etc. This just reassured me that everything I was paying for was done. I was very pleased with pricing, service and scheduling.
Posted By: I-N-JOY FISHING

Re: Phoenix Boat- 2 Guys Marine Del Rio - 08/17/16 01:27 PM

A few years ago on our yearly trip to Amistad my Skeeter stopped running properly and it was at the beginning of the trip. Looked like it was going to be a wasted vacation that we had been looking forward to since the year before. I took it to 2 Guys Marine and they did several things to it and had it running better than it had in years AND they had it back to me the same day. I was very impressed and would not hesitate to give them my business or send somebody there way.
Posted By: Chad Miller

Re: Phoenix Boat- 2 Guys Marine Del Rio - 08/17/16 06:33 PM

Bink's a pretty good dude. Hard to beat his knowledge when it comes to Merc's...he's the man. I can also attest for Ken Parker at Boerne marine. Solid individual and runs his business accordingly. Cant go wrong with either.
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: Phoenix Boat- 2 Guys Marine Del Rio - 08/17/16 06:48 PM

I've used Binky several times. He know's not to ask how quick do I need it. Top notch and super guy to deal with. You won't be sorry..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum