Texas Fishing Forum

Enigma rods?

Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Enigma rods? - 08/12/16 12:06 AM

Has anyone used Enigma rods? Just curious, I have not heard that much about the company. Any input is appreciated.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Enigma rods? - 08/12/16 12:26 AM

I got to hold one of the first year models about a year ago. It was very heavy and I hate the guides.
Posted By: rbspots

Re: Enigma rods? - 08/12/16 10:48 AM

My wife got me one for my birthday last year. The third cst I msde with the rod two guide inserts fell out. I put the rod back into the rod locker. When I got home I pulled up their web site to call about the issues. No number only an e-mail. Sent them e-mail on four different occasions. Not one reply back,,,still.
Plenty of better rods on the market in that price range
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: Enigma rods? - 08/12/16 01:40 PM

I aired my grievances to A-Mart himself at the fun n sun show earlier this year. He was not a happy camper about the communication issues brought up to him. It's unfortunate to be a new company in the flooded rod market and communication be one of your biggest problems.
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Enigma rods? - 08/12/16 04:14 PM

Hymm. I was hoping I had found something with the microwave style guides.
Posted By: rbspots

Re: Enigma rods? - 08/12/16 05:00 PM

I do like the microwave guide itself. I have built a few rods from Mudhole with the microwave guides and have had no problems with them. Also forgot to mention that the dealer that my rod came from has dropped the line from their store due to Enigma poor service to them.
Posted By: NickHasty

Re: Enigma rods? - 08/13/16 04:36 PM

Enigma must have shelled out a large amount of money to have Aaron Martens represent their product. I don't think it'll be long, and he'll have a new primary sponsor.

There is too much competition in fishing rod market, Enigma has got to fold soon.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum