Texas Fishing Forum

Pk fishing

Posted By: Yoder1289

Pk fishing - 08/10/16 01:43 PM

Has anyone had any luck recently at pk looking to go this weekend
Posted By: Joe Todd

Re: Pk fishing - 08/10/16 04:16 PM

It has been about 2 weeks since I have been. I am going Saturday and it should be a great day. Cloudy, rain, and temps. in the upper 80's. Fish should be jumping in the boat!!!
Posted By: Yoder1289

Re: Pk fishing - 08/10/16 04:47 PM

That's when I'm planning on going Havnt been in a good while
Posted By: 1hoghunter

Re: Pk fishing - 08/10/16 05:46 PM

What's the water clarity like now?
Posted By: Joe Todd

Re: Pk fishing - 08/10/16 08:16 PM

The last time I was there which was July 16th, the water was clearing up pretty good. From South D&D to the dam was pretty good. It was still a little stained towards North Shore but it is still a lot better than it had been.
Posted By: tbates

Re: Pk fishing - 08/10/16 10:45 PM

Would you believe me if I told you they were shallow? Caught one last weekend that puked 5-2" shad. Square bill killed em' like it was October....it was weird. They went deeper mid-morning.
Posted By: sick fishing

Re: Pk fishing - 08/11/16 12:05 AM

I fished the lake yesterday and 2 weeks ago. The lake was fishing very well, the fish are shallow in areas with immediate access to deep water. The backs of coves were dead, main Lake points, bluff walls, we're all good. Caught large numbers of fish, Largemouth, Sandy's,striper,catfish,bluegill. All fish were medium size, with one or two kickers mixed in. Water is clear 6 -8ft plus visibility. What works best were shad type crankbaits, swim baits, minnow type baits. Color selection was very important. Pearl blue, watermelon shad, neon blue, ghost shad. Your regular color black and grey were significantly less effective. Play around with the colors and you will find one that works. Get out early bite dramatically drops off after 10 am.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum