Texas Fishing Forum

cell phone service on Lake Fork

Posted By: tin man 55

cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/09/16 05:49 PM

I have Sprint now, and I only get sporadic service while on Lake Fork. The Verizon website shows good coverage on Fork; can anyone confirm that?

also, any comments about AT&T or T-Mobile?

I'd like to switch to whoever has good service on the lake, so I'm hoping the TFF group can help with my decision.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/09/16 05:51 PM

AT&T works fine for me.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/09/16 05:52 PM

Used to have Sprint as well. Service was spotty at best. We now have AT&T and are much more satisfied.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/09/16 05:53 PM

I have Verizon and it works fine in East Texas. Been on many lakes (including Fork) and it works fine. I use mine as a mobile hot spot for my laptop as well.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/09/16 06:29 PM

I have AT&T and it works pretty good at my new trailer and on the lake. But there are some places where it does kinda suck.
Posted By: epicoutdoors

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/09/16 06:39 PM

Verizon cell service is great at Fork. Hot Spot works great as well.
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/09/16 06:43 PM

I have T-mobile and I get no service on Lake Fork at all. I'll occasionally get one bar, and maybe get a text but that's it.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/09/16 06:43 PM

ATT works fine, as does my hot spot. Somtimes the hot spot seems to slow down when its a
crowded holiday weekend,..otherwise just fine. fish
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/09/16 07:04 PM

ATT keeps getting better.

I even use my tablet out there and get good wifi signal for streaming and or email connection. Was not always this way but it is these days on the west side of the lake at least.
Posted By: GROD

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/09/16 07:57 PM

ATT is great when on the water, but many areas around the lake I find service is sub par for sure. That being said its better then the other providers though in my opinion.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/09/16 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: epicoutdoors
Verizon cell service is great at Fork. Hot Spot works great as well.

Yep, works great, so will your Jet Pack for WIFI...
Posted By: Rick Collis

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/09/16 08:10 PM

Verizon, good service everywhere.
Posted By: Undertaker56

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/09/16 08:42 PM

Verizon all the way!!!
Posted By: lodell23

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/09/16 09:02 PM

Used to have sprint and can't get service hardly anywhere with sprint, fork included. Now have AT&T and its much better.
Posted By: tmcviper1

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/09/16 09:54 PM

Cell service is fine with verizon , getting LTE, very iffy, in the back of little
caney. wish I had stayed with ATT.
Posted By: dpdpete

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/09/16 10:20 PM

T Mobil can only pick up few spots on the lake. No coverage at all at Lake Fork Marina
Posted By: epicoutdoors

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/09/16 10:56 PM

Have bluetooth stereo in the boat and play Pandora all day off of my phone. Never skips a beat with Verizon.
Posted By: SilverTR20

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/09/16 11:43 PM

Verizon works great.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/09/16 11:48 PM

Verizon sucks on T Bend at least 2 years ago I had no coverage . I like Verizon other than that. Maybe they added a tower down there. fish
Posted By: Jay_Eichler Lake Fork Guide

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/10/16 01:05 AM

I had T-Mobile for years. Went with Verizon, have great service in east Texas.
Posted By: Tracker Tim

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/10/16 01:11 AM

If you have sprint you have free roaming on Verizon.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/10/16 05:22 PM

I get very good coverage at Fork on Verizon.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/11/16 03:37 AM

hard for me to get a signal with AT&T down by the dam coverage spotty coverage when im at the camp have to walk around just to talk on the phone and it fades in and out. So i'm swithching to Verizon.
Posted By: TtownBassDude

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/11/16 04:08 AM

i have better service with ATT on the lake then I do when im driving from Emory to 515.
Posted By: Devil Horse

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/11/16 04:20 AM

verizon easily
Posted By: Alex Finch

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/11/16 04:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master
hard for me to get a signal with AT&T down by the dam coverage spotty coverage when im at the camp have to walk around just to talk on the phone and it fades in and out. So i'm swithching to Verizon.

thumb I know a guy that will appreciate that! I have Verizon. Next time I'm out that way, I will stop by to see what my service is like around your camp.
Posted By: dandeeks

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/11/16 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: EastTexasBassin
I have T-mobile and I get no service on Lake Fork at all. I'll occasionally get one bar, and maybe get a text but that's it.

T-mobile just about fails me on every lake unless it's Lewisville.
Spotty when it works just as mentioned above.
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/11/16 01:35 PM

Signal also has a lot to do with your phone itself. Not just the service provider.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/11/16 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: pil,b
Verizon sucks on T Bend at least 2 years ago I had no coverage . I like Verizon other than that. Maybe they added a tower down there. fish

I was down on Rayburn this past spring and Verizon did not work at all on the lake. If I went into Zavalla it would work but spotty.
Posted By: Rog

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/11/16 04:13 PM

Thanks guys. Good topic. Switching to T mobile so the wife can't bug me to get off the lake........lol
Posted By: Preacher Ed

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/11/16 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher
I have Verizon and it works fine in East Texas. Been on many lakes (including Fork) and it works fine. I use mine as a mobile hot spot for my laptop as well.

Does Verizon work good for you on Rayburn and Toledo Bend? I have had Verizon for years and about 4 years ago we stayed on Rayburn for a few days and sometimes could get a text or send one, but a phone call was out of the question. Same thing for TX side of TBend. For years now, I have service until I cross the lake (Toledo Bend) and before I get far from the lake service is pretty much non-existent. Several years back when I was fishing the Oilmen's tournaments on Toledo, the guys who had AT&T in those days had spotty service at Cypress Bend and Verizon users had great service. Cross the lake it was the opposite. Not sure if it is still that way.
Posted By: 361V

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/11/16 09:42 PM

Never had a problem anywhere on Fork. Calls, send pics... I have ATT. The only problem I have regularly is lack of pics to mail. :-(
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/11/16 10:06 PM

verizon is great on fork and most of the lakes around I20, I30, 175 but as stated above ... practically no signal on sam and tbend.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: cell phone service on Lake Fork - 08/12/16 01:24 AM

I have att and it seems to be ok depending on where your at. What I've learned is, the more people that are at the lake the worse the service gets. On big tournament weekends it can be horrible.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum