Texas Fishing Forum

Tough Day

Posted By: jacksonmj

Tough Day - 08/07/16 05:42 PM

Fished from 530-1200 today with my son and was only able to come up with one dink. We each lost one at the boat. Anyone having any luck on Eagle Mountain right now?
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Tough Day - 08/07/16 07:11 PM

The biggest fish I've caught out there this year was 3.5 lbs back in early june. I need to do something different because everything I catch is 10 to 14 inches long.
Posted By: Amackmac

Re: Tough Day - 08/07/16 09:20 PM

Not much luck out there for me either
Posted By: jacksonmj

Re: Tough Day - 08/07/16 09:23 PM

Well at least I don't feel so bad. Rough when I'm taking my 8 year old with me and we don't catch much. He's a trooper at least and keeps coming out. He did have about a 4 pounder on a swim bait today I was just too slow with the net and he jumped off right at the boat. Might have to hit Worth back up to get something going for him.
Posted By: E-bright

Re: Tough Day - 08/07/16 09:31 PM

Its been tough since mid july thats for sure. This year spring was awesome and the fall bite should be too
Posted By: KickerFish29

Re: Tough Day - 08/07/16 11:14 PM

Don't count on Worth being any better. We fished both lakes today and both were tough.
Posted By: dreamweaver96

Re: Tough Day - 08/07/16 11:22 PM

My best friends dad has taken us out a few times this year and it's been slow but they're there. My friend and I went to the weigh in of one of his dad's tournaments at eagle mountain in mid June. His big bass was 5.67. His total weight was 12 and change. He finished 11th. We're having most of our luck on drop shots and shakey heads wherever there's shade. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow morning.
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Tough Day - 08/08/16 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: KickerFish29
Don't count on Worth being any better. We fished both lakes today and both were tough.
popcorn
Posted By: FlaNative

Re: Tough Day - 08/08/16 01:50 AM

We caught 5 or 6 this morning and there was no distinct pattern. Caught a couple on a wacky finesse, a couple more on a weightless fluke, and my last one hit a squarebill. Oh yeah, the first cast of the day with a lipless crank caught a sandie.

Re: Tough Day - 08/08/16 02:36 AM

Originally Posted By: B.Hollingshead
Originally Posted By: KickerFish29
popcorn
have you been on them??

Re: Tough Day - 08/08/16 02:40 AM

I've been doing a lot better on worth than EM
Posted By: toofy

Re: Tough Day - 08/08/16 03:18 AM

I was on EM yesterday and today. Got nothing today. Yesterday at sunrise I got what looked like 2 pound bass up to the boat and he jumped off before I could get him in. It was in the reeds around the island on a topwater popper very shallow. There were tons of fish jumping a little further out in about 6 feet of water but I couldn't get them to bite on a popper or shallow crankbait.
Posted By: YAKaddict

Re: Tough Day - 08/08/16 03:23 AM

Things have been tough everywhere

Re: Tough Day - 08/08/16 04:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Brent S
that frog bite

Re: Tough Day - 08/08/16 07:26 AM

Originally Posted By: texas_lunkers
Originally Posted By: Brent S
that frog bite

Yep. Killing a SK Rage Toad over there.
Posted By: dreamweaver96

Re: Tough Day - 08/08/16 03:48 PM

Just got off the water. We caught 12 largies and 3 sand bass. The shakey head with a watermelon orange finesse worm and pop r caught the lmb we threw ratl traps trolling sandies. It was a good morning for us. Good luck to yall
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum