Texas Fishing Forum

Castable Braid

Posted By: TOMCAT21

Castable Braid - 08/04/16 12:44 AM

I've been reading about all the new types of fused braided lines. Wondering which one is the most castable and also wondered about knot strength. Looking to put smaller braid on a spinning rod and larger braid for flipping and frogs.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Castable Braid - 08/04/16 12:52 AM

Power Pro Super Slick

The best castable braid I've found is the Power Pro Super Slick. This line casts so easily and has incredible knot strength. It's the best braid I've used in a long time.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Castable Braid - 08/04/16 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: bigbass94
Power Pro Super Slick

The best castable braid I've found is the Power Pro Super Slick. This line casts so easily and has incredible knot strength. It's the best braid I've used in a long time.

Yep,..
Posted By: milkfisher

Re: Castable Braid - 08/04/16 12:55 AM

I have been using the Fins wind tamer and love it. I'm not sure it's a fused braid, but IMO it's head over heels better than power pro.
Posted By: CrankBait1007

Re: Castable Braid - 08/04/16 01:39 AM

All i use is braid and still the most castable and affordable braid is sufix performance braid!
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Castable Braid - 08/04/16 01:40 AM

Try GLISS, it isn't fused or braided.
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Castable Braid - 08/04/16 04:14 AM

I use the Power Pro SS myself, it's great line, any tried Maxcuatro yet?
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Castable Braid - 08/04/16 12:48 PM

Diawa Samurai, expensive but really good line.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Castable Braid - 08/04/16 12:55 PM

I use Power Pro Super Slick, if there is one any better I haven't found it.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Castable Braid - 08/04/16 01:03 PM

I have always thought braid is the most castable line there is. It is totally limp and has no memory. Over 20 years ago when I started buying and using the old Spider Wire Original Braid the first thing I noticed was how much easier it was for me to cast on a baitcaster. No more worrying about kinks in the line or loops on the spool.

I use fluorocarbon for a lot of those applications now and I like it, but it's definitely harder to cast without loops and backlashes than braid.

As for which brand, I use Power Pro now but I have never had a problem casting any of them.
Posted By: Connor S

Re: Castable Braid - 08/04/16 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: JIM SR.
Originally Posted By: bigbass94
Power Pro Super Slick

Yep,..

Double Yep. Super Slick is my go to.

PP Maxcuatro and Suffix 832 Are also good braids. And for really light # braid check out Ohero braid, not the most durable braid out there but its the farthest casting braid until you start paying for the high dollar stuff like Samurai.
Posted By: Texascajun69

Re: Castable Braid - 08/04/16 04:05 PM

Power Pro Super slick is what I normally use. And every braid I have fished will backlash but is generally much easier to get out. Only real draw back I have found with braid is when you do hang up and have to break it off it would dig so deep down into your spool you will basically have to cut all of it off and re-spool. Now when i hang up I lay my rod down and wrap the line around a pair of needle nose to break it.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Castable Braid - 08/04/16 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Texascajun69
Power Pro Super slick is what I normally use. And every braid I have fished will backlash but is generally much easier to get out. Only real draw back I have found with braid is when you do hang up and have to break it off it would dig so deep down into your spool you will basically have to cut all of it off and re-spool. Now when i hang up I lay my rod down and wrap the line around a pair of needle nose to break it.

Cut a piece of 1" dowel rod about 10-12" long. Wrap the line around it a few times them use the dowel to pull on the line and not the reel. Helps save you from bending spool shafts and line digging in on spool.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Castable Braid - 08/04/16 11:30 PM

plus the dowel will float when ya drop it,..LOL,..pliers not so much.
Posted By: toddfish

Re: Castable Braid - 08/05/16 01:17 AM

+1 for Power Pro SS
Posted By: T54

Re: Castable Braid - 08/05/16 01:20 AM

Thew new Power Pro MaxCuatro is the best braid I have ever used. Up to 25% thinner diameter than comparable PP or Super Slick test lines. Castability is incredible.
Posted By: Marooned

Re: Castable Braid - 08/05/16 02:27 AM

P-line TCB (Teflon Coated Braid)30# has worked well for me on spinning gear.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum