Texas Fishing Forum

Best baits /techniques for fishing boat houses?

Posted By: sleeper

Best baits /techniques for fishing boat houses? - 08/02/16 04:27 PM

Advice appreciated. Thanks
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Best baits /techniques for fishing boat houses? - 08/02/16 04:49 PM

Jig. Shaky head. Wacky worm. Square bill. Not necessarily in that order...
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Best baits /techniques for fishing boat houses? - 08/02/16 05:00 PM

IMO for bigger bites you cant beat a jig. here is a video that also has some dock fishing tips in the video description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTfLBiQXpCk
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Best baits /techniques for fishing boat houses? - 08/02/16 05:33 PM

Fin Junkie Tackle Flipping Jig

I like a jig for skipping docks/boat houses. I like this one the best because it has a flat head, which helps it skip real easily. I also like the hook on it, sharp and strong. They also come with good skirts.

Reaction Innovations Pocket Rocket

Another bait that is productive for me is the Pocket Rocket. I like to throw it on a wacky jighead and skip it under docks. The shimmy this bait has on the fall is deadly.
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Best baits /techniques for fishing boat houses? - 08/02/16 06:05 PM

Senko weightless TX rig
Posted By: Alex Finch

Re: Best baits /techniques for fishing boat houses? - 08/02/16 06:15 PM

For a limit, any day of the week, I use my Pro Shakin Head on 17-20 pound fluoro with a worm (don't think it makes that big of a difference as long as it's natural looking) in 1/8 to 1/4 oz (fall rate depends on how they're eating it and wind). It has a custom Gamakatsu hook, so I can use it with braid or fluoro and it's a Gamakatsu so it's very sharp. It helps to have strong line and a strong hook when they run out and grab it on the fall and try to run back under the dock. I like a shaky head best, because it catches em', big and small, suspended or on the bottom.

Tom and Jake have given great advice as well. All of those baits work too, just try to figure out how the fish are positioning (suspended, under the dock, on the outside windward corner, etc.) and present your bait in a way that will catch them and you will be successful.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Best baits /techniques for fishing boat houses? - 08/02/16 09:32 PM

I like to use a Senko or similar soft stickbait on a spinning rod and skip it under docks/boat houses/walk ways. You'd be surprised how far back you can get once you get the hang of it.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Best baits /techniques for fishing boat houses? - 08/02/16 10:46 PM

Texas rig
Jig
Weightless rig
Swim jig
Squarebill
Spinnerbait
Buzzbait
Hollow body frog
Buzzfrog
Wakebait