Texas Fishing Forum

Floating soft plastics??

Posted By: zaspook

Floating soft plastics?? - 08/01/16 09:07 PM

Would like to know what brands of soft plastic will float a hook? Looking mainly for straight tail worm or senko style baits, but other types might be useful also. Old dog trying to learn some new tricks. Thanks
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Floating soft plastics?? - 08/01/16 09:12 PM

Maybe Grandebass air tails with foam inserted in them? Like an ear plug
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Floating soft plastics?? - 08/01/16 09:38 PM

The elaztech baits are the most buoyant and have no problems floating even bigger hooks
All the z-man baits are elaztech. The strike king 3X baits are all elaztech also
Do not mix elaztech baits with non elaztech (regular) plastics. Keep them in their original bags--there is so much softener in the elaztech, that it will melt and destroy other plastics it comes into contact with.

Other very buoyant plastics that can float a hook include the Xcite baits and hollow body plastics like Paca Craws and GrandeBass airtails.

Buoyant plastics that almost float a hook (but are more neutrally buoyant) include the ring type worms (LFT, GrandeBass, Hags Tornado), roboworms, zoom salt free series, and pork fat baits like Paca finesse worms.

Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Floating soft plastics?? - 08/01/16 11:14 PM

Z-Man Zinkerz

Here's a floating stick worm for you.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Floating soft plastics?? - 08/01/16 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Rhino68W
Maybe Grandebass air tails with foam inserted in them? Like an ear plug

The rattlesnake also stands up pretty well if I remember correctly.
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: Floating soft plastics?? - 08/01/16 11:33 PM

All of our plastics float....zero salt...very durable.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Floating soft plastics?? - 08/01/16 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By: CarlosRivera
All of our plastics float....zero salt...very durable.

+1 for Riveratackle - They are here on the forum for our support and Carlos is a great guy to deal with.
Posted By: KC Injection Baits

Re: Floating soft plastics?? - 08/02/16 12:04 AM

Kcinjectionbaits all regular plastic floats. We have it,an can even put in flotation additive if you like.
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Floating soft plastics?? - 08/02/16 12:05 AM

OKay......
I believe the tails will float or stand up
BUT,,,,,, to float a hook? That would take an awfully lot of air. to float the plastic and the hook would be quite a trick.
I have tried and tried to float a hook with no luck. Stand up the tail,,,,,sure. But actually float the whole bait and hook. I would need to see a video of that.
Just saying
Posted By: zaspook

Re: Floating soft plastics?? - 08/02/16 12:54 AM

I have tried the elaztech type baits but I have a very low hook-up rate with them. Skin hooked and even exposed hook points still do not work for me. When I said float a hook, I was talking about standing up more than actually floating.
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: Floating soft plastics?? - 08/02/16 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Nutman
OKay......
I believe the tails will float or stand up
BUT,,,,,, to float a hook? That would take an awfully lot of air. to float the plastic and the hook would be quite a trick.
I have tried and tried to float a hook with no luck. Stand up the tail,,,,,sure. But actually float the whole bait and hook. I would need to see a video of that.
Just saying

What size hook and what brand? Thanks
Posted By: captain-kilroy

Re: Floating soft plastics?? - 08/02/16 03:33 AM

Does anyone remember the old tube worms?
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Floating soft plastics?? - 08/02/16 02:26 PM

http://xcitebaits.com/
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Floating soft plastics?? - 08/02/16 05:31 PM

Cream Devils tongue .
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum