Texas Fishing Forum

Gliss Line?

Posted By: AdvTX

Gliss Line? - 08/01/16 02:29 PM

I spent 30 minutes in Academy yesterday looking for a braid to use for nighttime spinnerbaits and walked away with Gliss Line which I had never heard of so I looked it up and read mixed reviews. Has anyone used this stuff?
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Gliss Line? - 08/01/16 04:36 PM

It has been discussed pretty heavily on various forum including TackleTour.Com forums where it was originally described as having actual breaking strengths well below advertised rates. And, the general issue beyond that is that it is apparently a short lived line that cannot handle any abrasive elements. I would suppose it wouldn't be a choice for fishing in heavy brush, maybe more so for open water, sandy bottoms.

What I'd suggest is giving it a thorough testing, then let us know how you found it to respond, what kinds of fishing you used it for.

It is apparently very thin in diameter compared to comparable tests in other sorts of lines.

Best luck!

Brad
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Gliss Line? - 08/01/16 04:46 PM

I am trying the 40# and 24# rated versions. Have not had any double digit bass in cover yet to see how it performs under a heavy load.
Casts very well with enough memory to prevent wind knots and tip wrapping like braid does.
Way less expensive than my preferred Daiwa Samurai.
Posted By: jamesmc454

Re: Gliss Line? - 08/01/16 05:31 PM

I've been using gliss the past 6 months and have had great success with it. You do need to check your line often. I find the sensitivity to be better then braid. I've caught numerous 7 to 8# fish on it in heavy cover. I prefer the 40# I do have the 18# on my spinning rod.
Posted By: armadillo joe

Re: Gliss Line? - 08/01/16 08:02 PM

I have been using Gliss for well over a year now and really like it casts great and have found due to the small diameter I am using 40# most of the time on casting reels and 24# on spinning reels. Have not had a problem with knot breaking after I started using a double polamer or chinch knot
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Gliss Line? - 08/02/16 03:54 PM

I tried it and hated it,too brittle.
Posted By: Bucketmouth69

Re: Gliss Line? - 08/03/16 04:48 PM

I tried it and found it to feel really good and cast great, however, I set the hook on a big fish at fork and it instantly broke (40#) I normally use the Palomar knot...So I thought I might not be able to use that knot with the braid, so I tried it again using the Berkley braid knot...I set the hook on another big fish at Toledo Bend...again, it instantly broke...My brother picked up that rod one day fishing lake tyler and again it broke on the hookset...Somethings up with that [censored]...I haven't used it since...
Posted By: AdvTX

Re: Gliss Line? - 08/04/16 01:12 PM

I was trying it out Tuesday night and caught 3 fish on a spinnerbait. I liked how the line performed except it kept getting tangled up with the swivel and o ring. If I could figure that part out I think it would be great for what I was looking for but, that was very frustrating.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum