Texas Fishing Forum

New Skeeter Dealer

Posted By: snickers

New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 05:23 PM

Someone at bass pro told me a new Skeeter dealership was opening up. Does anyone know where ?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 05:32 PM

Diamond Sports at Fork.

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 05:33 PM

That is cool as can be
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Diamond Sports at Fork.
Posted By: HuknBull67

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 05:37 PM

I have been a Skeeter fan since our first one back in the early 70's ( bathtub ) up to the one I own now. It hurts to see the company go corporate and allow only a very limited number of color schemes (8) on the new boats, no more customizing it to be your boat.
I am going to be in the market for a new boat soon, and if they stick to that policy, I see a Bass Cat in my color choice sitting in the boathouse smile

Peace and Bent Rods

Dale

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 05:42 PM

Buy a plain white and wrap it to your special color
Posted By: Dax Davis

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 05:43 PM

Wow that puts 2 Skeeter dealers very close to each other!
Posted By: forkduc

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 06:13 PM

Dropping Ranger?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: forkduc
Dropping Ranger?

Nope.
http://diamondsportsmarine.com/

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 06:51 PM

Just called my buddy that outfits at Dawson's in Jasper and he said that the LE's and the stock 8 patterns are all we can get, cannot order a plain white or any options for that matter as far a color. He said 6 color choices on LE's and 8 on all others. and that is it. ( Huge Sigh )They even deleted the Build Your Skeeter off of the website. Just another reason I hate corporate ownership, things get streamlined and eventually fail.

Peace and Bent Rods

Dale
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Originally Posted By: forkduc
Dropping Ranger?

Nope.
http://diamondsportsmarine.com/

I never thought I'd see that. I wonder if they are prepping for change of some sort with Johnny Morris snatching up more brands? hmmm

I think the two brands go well together.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 07:14 PM

Well I understand why they did away with the custom colors and all the choices it cost a ton of money to offer a wide variety of colors. We have about 4k color options where I work and I don't understand why they don't cut it back to 20-30 colors a year. I work in the paint department and I can tell you first hand it's a pita to offer all the different choices.

Skeeter isn't the only manufacturer doing this in the boat industry and the others seem to be making do with the limited color choices.

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 07:15 PM

Another reason for me to stay with Legend! Custom built boats!

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Dax Davis

How many color choices does ford offer in that powerstroke your driving?

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 07:27 PM

I can see that point to a certain limit. If I am going to drop nearly 70k on a boat, I want it to be my boat, my colors, not what the factory thinks I should like. Sure, have a limited palette, just let me choose what color goes where at the bear minimum. I love Skeeter, just hate the new policies and I do see that losing them some business, not that it will hurt them none what so ever. Skeeter will survive based on Yamaha motor sales alone.

Peace and Bent Rods

Dale

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 07:35 PM

I understand you point completely about the color choices, but I'm just stating from a manufacturer standpoint it cost a whole lot more to offer a vast array of color choices. Plus longer turnaround on custom colors, they can just keep building the color options the have available plus it's easier on the dealer to have most of the color options in stock this way.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 07:41 PM

Custom ...... and wet! Hahaha
Posted By: C130

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: HuknBull67
I have been a Skeeter fan since our first one back in the early 70's ( bathtub ) up to the one I own now. It hurts to see the company go corporate and allow only a very limited number of color schemes (8) on the new boats, no more customizing it to be your boat.
I am going to be in the market for a new boat soon, and if they stick to that policy, I see a Bass Cat in my color choice sitting in the boathouse smile

Peace and Bent Rods

Dale

Bass Cat does some awesome color combinations. I recently bought a used Bass Cat and would love to get a new boat in the future. Bass Cat will be first on my list, they seem like an outstanding company. I like how they interact on their forum and answer questions. They have so many color combinations it would be hard to choose. Allison makes a nice boat also. A friend has owned one in Tennessee for many years and it still looks great and it's been a great boat. I think they are all good but I don't like the limited color combinations.

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad
Originally Posted By: Dax Davis

How many color choices does ford offer in that powerstroke your driving?

Iam back in a chevy now! Chevy offers plenty of colors!

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes

Haha Zack!

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 08:28 PM

throw a custom wrap on it and make it what color you want
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 09:53 PM

maybe since they are cutting the color choices they will do the same with their prices cut them a little too... lol bolt
Posted By: Igofish2

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 10:47 PM

Originally Posted By: snickers
throw a custom wrap on it and make it what color you want

That's one of the reasons why manufactures are making cookie cutter boats. The PROs are wrap theirs so there is no need to highlight all color options. Plus at the factory they can schedule Wednesdays as color opt B day.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 11:35 PM

So, Diamond drops Triton (in the family) and adds Skeeter. Ok! Someone said that puts two dealers close together... Closer than Plano - Hurst? What other dealer is there besides Tyler?
Posted By: Tundra/Tyler

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 07/31/16 11:53 PM

You can still choose your own color combination in the FX Series. The FX LE is a complete package that is a nationally advertised price. You can build your own FX with any color that is offered by Skeeter.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/01/16 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By: David Burton
So, Diamond drops Triton (in the family) and adds Skeeter. Ok! Someone said that puts two dealers close together... Closer than Plano - Hurst? What other dealer is there besides Tyler?

Tyler, Marshal, Longview, Plano, Ft Worth, Cleburne, and now Lake Fork plus Shreveport. That's a lot of dealers in what used to be a 2 or 3 dealer territory. Plano Marine has 2 locations and so does Fun N Sun and H&W.

So between Ft Worth and Shreveport there are 7 dealers. If any of these have dropped Skeeter I'm not aware of it.
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/01/16 09:39 PM

The only way your getting wet in FX21 is if it raining and you dont have a rain suit on!

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/01/16 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Insurance man
The only way your getting wet in FX21 is if it raining and you dont have a rain suit on!

You are correct sir! I run a bug. I was talking to another poster that said go custom with another brand of boat......
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/01/16 10:18 PM

OK who's picked up Triton now?
Posted By: ToadSnatcher14

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/01/16 10:56 PM

Will this eliminate stress cracks?
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/02/16 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: OzzieFish
OK who's picked up Triton now?

Good question, I been running them since 1998, North Texas Marine has been my dealer actually since 1984, ran Rangers from them too, I was going to go back to a Ranger since there is not a dealer around here, then I got a letter in the mail from Triton telling me they were going to give me a new boat, apparently they had some kind of delamination problems, my boat was perfect but I did not want to argue with them, so now I will be picking up a 2017 TRX 21 from Texas Boat World, really nice folks but I really do not want to have to drive that far for service, as long as NTM can service my engine and Borris Marine can take care of my electronics I should be ok.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/02/16 03:42 AM

BassCat may still offer customization, I don't know but they too have been bought out. Can't remember who bought them. I know Charger boats will build a custom boat and with the reintroduction of the Champion design I would say that would be a good option.
Posted By: Watson K

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/02/16 05:43 AM

I would drive to Canada to get a new boat before I gave Diamond Sports Marine any of my business

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/02/16 11:12 AM

I would drive from Canada to buy a boat at Diamond Sports.
Originally Posted By: Watson K
I would drive to Canada to get a new boat before I gave Diamond Sports Marine any of my business
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/02/16 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: ToadSnatcher14
Will this eliminate stress cracks?

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/02/16 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: SAKS
BassCat may still offer customization, I don't know but they too have been bought out. Can't remember who bought them.

A ski boat maker bought them.

Why didn't the son just take over the business?
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/02/16 03:28 PM

I think that's an awesome deal for both companies. Should workout great.

As far as some of the other comments....Ive been running Skeeters since '07 and have yet to have one single stress crack in a boat. I just bought a new FX 21 and I can tell you one thing, that is the smoothest boat Ive ever driven. And you stay dry as a bone!
Posted By: fouzman

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/02/16 03:34 PM

How far do you think it is from Quitman to Tyler?
Posted By: WAWI

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/02/16 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger
BassCat may still offer customization, I don't know but they too have been bought out. Can't remember who bought them.

That ski boat company probably makes them stronger financially.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/02/16 03:39 PM

Yep Fred is a good egg.
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/02/16 03:45 PM

Is Diamond Sports going to carry the Skeeter bass boats or just the ski boats? Their website as pictures of just ski boats. Only bass boats shown are Ranger.

Also Quitman is an hour from Tyler.

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/02/16 04:00 PM

Ben and Fred are as good as they come! Great deal for both companies. Who wouldn't want to sell the two best bass boats made?
Posted By: Weekender1

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/02/16 05:53 PM

Happy to hear this. I know Fred is awesome to do business with. Made buying my boat easy to do.

Jody

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/02/16 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By: whatsaweighin
Originally Posted By: RedRanger

That ski boat company probably makes them stronger financially.

BassCat has always claim to fame was it run by the Peirce family, and was a family run business. They have son who actually posts on here from time to time, I believe he is 30 ish years old, I find it strange it didn't continue the fanily business.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/02/16 07:18 PM

Bass Cat was bought by Correct Craft. Same company that makes Air Nautiques. Which is one of if not the best surf/wake boat made right now.
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/02/16 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Tundra/Tyler
You can still choose your own color combination in the FX Series. The FX LE is a complete package that is a nationally advertised price. You can build your own FX with any color that is offered by Skeeter.

This is true
Posted By: Watson K

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/03/16 09:11 AM

I was in there twice looking at a brand new ranger and both times I was not given the time of day for any questions or pricing I was told " its a ranger it sell its self" by a guy behind the counter. I live 3 miles from them I drove to Tyler that day and got a brand new Skeeter. I don't dislike rangers but if i ever buy one i will not be buying from them.

Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/03/16 09:48 AM

I was in there twice looking at a brand new ranger and both times I was not given the time of day for any questions or pricing I was told " its a ranger it sell its self" by a guy behind the counter. I live 3 miles from them I drove to Tyler that day and got a brand new Skeeter. I don't dislike rangers but if i ever buy one i will not be buying from them.

That is not like Fred or Ben they are great people and awesome to do business with, with some of the best customer service around. Sorry to hear about your bad experience that is the first I have heard of.

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/03/16 12:55 PM

I had a transom problem. They got me a brand new boat. the old boat was 7 years old. So what more could you do for someone. They get my business for Life

Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: New Skeeter Dealer - 08/03/16 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By: K.D.

Tyler, Marshal, Longview, Plano, Ft Worth, Cleburne, and now Lake Fork plus Shreveport. That's a lot of dealers in what used to be a 2 or 3 dealer territory. Plano Marine has 2 locations and so does Fun N Sun and H&W.

So between Ft Worth and Shreveport there are 7 dealers. If any of these have dropped Skeeter I'm not aware of it.

Rumors are flying around............. nuts
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum